Neurological Manifestations

My dad is in coma now. What will be the prognosis?

Query: Hello doctor, My dad is suffering from JE and both his thalamus are infected. Now, he is in coma. What is the prognosis of his condition?  Read Full »

Dr. J Mariano Anto Bruno Mascarenhas

Family Physician, General Practitioner, Neuro Surgeon, Neurologist, Spine Health Specialist, Spine Surgeon

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your query with diligence and would like you to know that I am here to help you. There is considerable variation in the incidence and severity of sequelae in patients surviving viral encephalitis. The incidence and severity of sequelae were direct...  Read Full »

Are vitamin D deficiency and tingling in the mouth related?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 33 year old male. I am from prickling, numbness, warm sensation in my feet and hands and tingling in my lips and mouth for the past two years. I had a severe cough for around two years and recently, it got resolved. My issue, initially started with prickling and burning sensations ...  Read Full »

Dr. Divakara P

Diabetologist, Endocrinologist, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Pain Medicine Physician, Pulmonologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your problem still could be due to a nerve problem, even though your NCV test is normal (nerve conduction velocity). Also, you might be having calcium deficiency, which is very common associated with vitamin D deficiency. I suggest you calcium supplements like tablet S...  Read Full »

How to check if the blood circulation to the head and neck is fine?

Query: Hi doctor, A physiotherapist did some manipulation with my neck and since then when I fall asleep at night, my arms, hands,¬†upper back (area just below the neck) and brain feels weird as if blood supply is cut. This happens several times during the night while I am sleeping and these symptoms go aw...  Read Full »

Dr. Akshay Kumar Saxena

Orthopaedician And Traumatologist, Spine Surgeon

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You have mentioned pain and numbness in your upper limbs after manipulation was done by a physical therapist. You have also mentioned both upper limb involvement which is actually a surprise because normal spinal manipulations should not actually lead to this especia...  Read Full »

Are my joint pain, depression, and Lyme disease related?

Query: Hi doctor, Recently, I visited my primary doctor's office, but he was on vacation. I was seen by a nurse practitioner. My main complaint is leg swelling, joint pain, and stomach aches. She asked me to do a series of lab tests and to return a week and a half later. When I went back, she told me that...  Read Full »

Dr. Muhammad M. Hanif Md.

Cardiologist, Criticalcare Physician, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I assure you not to worry at all as things may get settled with proper care and follow-up.  Read Full »

MRI brain shows some white spots. What does it mean?

Query: Hi doctor, My patient is suffering from constant conversion. Her head is poking, salvia is coming out of the mouth and eyes are open for few seconds without any moment. Every now and then she used to get conversion type, but from yesterday the saliva is drooling continuously and the conversion too.¬...  Read Full »

Dr. Rajyaguru

Neuro Surgeon, Neurologist, Spine Surgeon

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have read your description very carefully. The rolling of eyeball with deviation of mouth and hand is actually suggestive of seizure. It is not conversion disorder. These¬†seizures are coming because of the white spots in brain scan. It is a common term used by neurolog...  Read Full »

My little fingers, which have been bent since birth, is paining now. What to do?

Query: Hi doctor,My little fingers have been bent since birth, and I¬†was told that I had clinodactyly. I am 22 now and have had no problem with these bent suckers until about two months ago. In the last two months, I have been getting incredible pain and tingling in both my little fingers. While driving a...  Read Full »

Dr. Shobhit Shah

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Clinodactyly is inherited condition associated with bent fingers. Usually, its excessive growth or bending may cause problems in childhood. It looks unlikely that at your age when growth has already occurred, this will occur. Still, I advise you to visit a doctor to have ...  Read Full »

I have neck spasm and difficulty in walking. Please help.

Query: Hello, I weigh 39 kg and I am 31 years old. I have lost two kilograms in the last two months. I am having¬†spasm¬†in the¬†neck¬†since 2 months. It started when I had sudden sneezing and was not able to move the neck soon after that. Neck movements got restricted. I consulted a doctor and took tablet...  Read Full »

Dr. Amit Arora

Cardiologist, Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Whole event started with a¬†sneezing¬†after which you developed¬†muscular spasm¬†in the neck. You took¬†pregabalin¬†for¬†neuropathic pain¬†but due to its side effect you discontinued.¬† After that you had¬†physiotherapy¬†and developed other¬†neurological symptoms¬†and you...  Read Full »

Any help or suggestions to prevent the loose stools ?

Query: Hi doctor, My mom is 83 years old. She had a bad fall 1.5 years ago and suffered with a head injury with little internal bleeding and a broken arm. While in hospital, she contracted C.diff and has had several recurring bouts with it. She has had a transplant and so far she is doing well with no rec...  Read Full »

Dr. Pritam Mohapatra

Naturopathy Specialist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I appreciate you seeking help for your mother. Well, after having gone through the case history as described, it seems her fecal incontinence is mostly of neurological origin. In the given context, I would advise that she would be clinically examined by a neuro physic...  Read Full »

What is the irreversible side effect of Prucalopride and Metoclopramide?

Query: Hello doctor, I have been prescribed a medication for a gastrointestinal problem (chronic constipation - perhaps as a result of a restricted fiber diet due to slow stomach activity which was possibly caused by some damage to the vagus nerve due to a food poisoning incident but we are not sure). How...  Read Full »

Dr. Aida Quka

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You should know that Prucalopride has a different mechanism of action compared to Metoclopramide. So, it does not cause the same adverse effects. Its effects are on 5-HT4 receptors, which are mainly in the gut. These receptors are rare in the central nervous system. ...  Read Full »

My 72 year old mother has been advised surgery, but she is reluctant. Kindly opine.

Query: Hello doctor,My mother had a spine tumor removed one and a half years ago. Now, she still has back and leg pain. Her doctor has advised surgery, but she is 72 years old with diabetes and blood pressure. Also, she is reluctant to undergo a surgery.¬†I need a second opinion.  Read Full »

Andrologist, General Practitioner, Geriatrician, Psychiatrist, Psychologist Counsellor, Psychotherapist, Sexologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I read your query and understand your concerns. From the available description and the attached latest MRI reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity), there is no evidence of a spinal tumor and the patient can be managed conservatively without a surgical ...  Read Full »