Q. I have neck spasm and difficulty in walking. Please help.

Answered by
Dr. Amit Arora
and medically reviewed by iCliniq medical review team.
This is a premium question & answer published on Aug 09, 2014 and last reviewed on: Jan 20, 2022


  • I weigh 39 kg and I am 31 years old. I have lost two kilograms in the last two months.
  • I am having spasm in the neck since 2 months.
  • It started when I had sudden sneezing and was not able to move the neck soon after that. Neck movements got restricted.
  • I consulted a doctor and took tablet Ultracet. I had vomiting and hence stopped the medication. Then I had tablet Pregabalin 650 (one dose) and had giddiness and so, stopped the medication.
  • Neck movement was there to some extent and was not severe.
  • I did physiotherapy once (pressing the head down by the therapist).
  • Was then not able to swallow the food, and there was tightness and felt like something was stuck in the neck and had heaviness while breathing.
  • I consulted doctor after 2 days and took tablet Hifenac on the first day and tablet Tolperisone 150mg (one dose). I then had loose motion on the second day and therefore stopped this medication too.
  • I had blood test done before twenty days.
  • As per the report vitamin D was less than 3, calcium was 8.3, vitamin B12 was 238 and hemoglobin was 11.9.
  • After 10 days I went to the doctor and I had Tolperisone twice daily for 3 days.
  • Again I went to the doctor after 2 days and had Arachitol injection and tablet Limcee for a day. I had acidity with Limcee and stopped that. 
  • I had 2 tablets of FLAX-369 for 2 days, one tablet each day.
  • After 7 days I had one tablet Uprise. Two hours after taking this tablet, there was tightness in the jaw movement.
  • After 7 days I had one more tablet Uprise.
  • There was slowness in walking and heaviness in the right leg.
  • I had one more injection of Arachitol after 20 days.
  • Still then I have more difficulty in climbing stairs and walking. I cannot lift up my right leg.

Second blood test done 7 days before:

ESR : End of 1st hour : 35End of 2nd hour : 75Vitamin D : 35.21Intact Parathyroid Hormone (iPTH) : 6.5Calcium : 9.0Vitamin B12 : 544Anti Cyclic Citrullinated Peptide (CCP) antibody: 0.15

Kindly provide a specialist doctor's opinion for me.



Welcome to

  • Whole event started with a sneezing after which you developed muscular spasm in the neck.
  • You took pregabalin for neuropathic pain but due to its side effect you discontinued. 
  • After that you had physiotherapy and developed other neurological symptoms and you took a pain killer and a muscle relaxant (Tolperisone).
  • On blood investigation your vitamin D3 comes out to be less than 3 (you have not mentioned the unit) anyway it is low for which you had injection Arachitol and according to your observation you developed difficulty in climbing stairs.
  • So, you might be thinking about over dose/toxicity but vitamin D overdose increases blood calcium level as this plays an important role in absorption of calcium. But at present your calcium level is 9 mg/dL which is normal so that is a not a problem here.
  • According to recent reports vitamin D, calcium and vitamin B12 are within normal range. 
  • Role of PTH (Parathyroid Hormone) is to increase blood calcium level in the body. 
  • CCP - Cyclic Citrullinated Peptide antibody test is to detect autoantibodies used in diagnosing rheumatoid arthritis. Levels less than 20 EU are considered to be negative. 
  • I advise you to get an MRI spine (cervical region ) done as there are some neurological factors associated and the whole event started after physiotherapy. 
  • Till then take tablet Neurobion once daily for 7 days. 
  • Do not use pillow while sleeping 

Consult a neurologist online with the reports of MRI scan -->

Was this answer helpful?


Same symptoms doesn’t mean you have the same problem. Consult a doctor now!

Related Questions:
From yesterday I have a problem while peeing. Please help.

Is there any associated pain while passing urine ...   Read full

My right arm, shoulder, and neck are paining. What to do?

Gentle massage over the neck will help you relax the tension in the back and front areas of the neck ... There will be a pain in the back of the neck ... Hi doctor,I...   Read full

Please explain my health checkup report.

.. inform, your sugars are very good and you do not have any evidence of diabetes (attachment removed to protect patient identity). After thoroughly going through the list of investigations, that signify increased LDL, cholesterol, low calcium and in...   Read full


Also Read Answers From:

ideaComprehensive Medical Second Opinion.Submit your Case

Also Read

Management of Coronasomnia
Coronasomnia refers to increased sleep problems among people during the COVID-19 pandemic. Read the below article to get...  Read more»
Balantidiasis - Causes, Signs and Symptoms, Diagnosis, Treatment, and Prevention
Balantidiasis is a rare bacterial infection caused by a parasite called Balantidium coli. Read the article below to know...  Read more»
JAK Inhibitors in Treating Rheumatoid Arthritis
Doctors mainly suggest JAK or Janus kinase inhibitors for patients with rheumatoid arthritis to ease their symptoms. Rea...  Read more»

Ask your health query to a doctor online?

Ask a Neurologist Now

* guaranteed answer within 4 hours.

Disclaimer: No content published on this website is intended to be a substitute for professional medical diagnosis, advice or treatment by a trained physician. Seek advice from your physician or other qualified healthcare providers with questions you may have regarding your symptoms and medical condition for a complete medical diagnosis. Do not delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice because of something you have read on this website. Read our Editorial Process to know how we create content for health articles and queries.