Q. My constant jaw clicking is becoming a nuisance. Please help.

Dr. Ashish Jayanand Chandwadkar

I am an 18 year old female, and I have been experiencing a lot of jaw clicking constantly throughout the day, for the past five months. It is only located on the right side of my face. It is not painful, but after consecutive months of constant jaw clicking, it has become a nuisance. Please help.

Dr. Ashish Jayanand Chandwadkar

#

• According to your complaint, I guess you should monitor your electrolyte and mineral levels. If it is due to muscle twitching, the cause can be either neurological or due to low levels of calcium or other minerals.
  • If there is a bone clicking in the jaw, which gives a crepitation like feeling on palpation, it might be related to the jaw joint (temporomandibular joint).
  • In either of the cases, get yourself examined by a neurologist. I do not think there is something serious, so no need to worry.

Take care. Have a nice day.

For more information consult an internal medicine physician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/internal-medicine-physician

| 

Are my joint pain, depression, and Lyme disease related?

Query: Hi doctor, Recently, I visited my primary doctor's office, but he was on vacation. I was seen by a nurse practitioner. My main complaint is leg swelling, joint pain, and stomach aches. She asked me to do a series of lab tests and to return a week and a half later. When I went back, she told me that...  Read Full »

Why are there white patches on the cheeks of 9 month old baby?

Query: Hi doctor, White patches are found on the cheeks of 9 months old baby boy. And also, there are some white patches near the eyes. What is that?  Read Full »

Why do I have pain in my ear when I chew?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 31 year old unmarried male. I am getting very sharp and heavy pain in left ear side, inside center part of the ear, whenever I chew or eat food. This was started 4 days back. But, it was not that much noticeable and today morning it has increased. Please help.  Read Full »