Q. My constant jaw clicking is becoming a nuisance. Please help.

Dr. Chandwadkar Ashish

I am an 18 year old female, and I have been experiencing a lot of jaw clicking constantly throughout the day, for the past five months. It is only located on the right side of my face. It is not painful, but after consecutive months of constant jaw clicking, it has become a nuisance. Please help.

#

• According to your complaint, I guess you should monitor your electrolyte and mineral levels. If it is due to muscle twitching, the cause can be either neurological or due to low levels of calcium or other minerals.
  • If there is a bone clicking in the jaw, which gives a crepitation like feeling on palpation, it might be related to the jaw joint (temporomandibular joint).
  • In either of the cases, get yourself examined by a neurologist. I do not think there is something serious, so no need to worry.

Take care. Have a nice day.

For more information consult an internal medicine physician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/internal-medicine-physician

|