Q. I have a pinching pain in my arm, shoulder, palms and fingers. Why?

Dr. Ganeshkumar Suresh Satpute

From the last two months, I have a pinching and wound-like pain in my left upper arm and shoulder. I also feel pain in my palm and fingers while bending, stretching or gripping.

Dr. Ganeshkumar Suresh Satpute

• You seem to have a neuropathic pain because of a nerve compression syndrome.
  • I suggest the following medicines:
  1. Tablet Gabapentin forte (Gabapentin), half a tablet, twice a day.
  2. Tablet Zerodol TH 8 (a combination of Aceclofenac and Thiocolchicoside) once a day, in the morning.
  3. Tablet Ultracet ( a combination of Acetaminophen and Tramadol) at night.
  4. Tablet Pantakind DSR ( a combination of Pantoprazole and Domperidone) twice a day, half an hour before food.
  • If your pain is not relieved, consult an orthopedic surgeon.

For more information consult an internal medicine physician online --> https://icliniq.com./ask-a-doctor-online/internal-medicine-physician

Kindly mention the duration for which I should take the medicine.

Dr. Ganeshkumar Suresh Satpute

• You should take the above tablets for at least five days. Consult your specialist doctor, discuss with him/her and start taking the medicines after their consent.

Why is there diabetic neuropathy in spite of being on insulin?

Query: Hello doctor, Although my mother is on insulin for 7 years, she has diabetic neuropathy and some complications since one week. Also, the doctor tried but the complications are not going.  Read Full >>

Dr. Suneetha B S
Diabetologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You have not mentioned the age of your mother. Diabetic neuropathy is a common complication seen in patients who have long-term or uncontrolled diabetes. It may not be completely reversible. However, talk to your doctor about taking Vitamin B12 supplements and Gaba...  Read Full

Why is there pain in the back of chest with poor bowel movements?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 24 years old. I started having a sharp pain in my right arm shoulder which probably originates from the right back of my chest. Also, my bowel movements have not been clear since some time. I took a Pantoprazole with Domperidone, guessing that this might be due to gas.  Read Full >>

Dr. Magesh T
General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Family Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. It looks like a simple musculoskeletal pain and then you have been taking this Pantoprazole and Domperidone medicines and that could give some symptomatic relief but this looks like a musculoskeletal pain. Maybe you could have tried taking some muscle relaxant like Myor...  Read Full

Can herpes cause feet neuropathy?

Query: Hello doctor, I have developed feet neuropathy, primarily the right foot from the past one year. The symptoms went away six months back but returned a month back (burning, tingling, etc). I suffer from high blood pressure and anxiety. The neurologists could not find the cause after all tests. I tes...  Read Full >>

Dr. Aida Quka

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. It is less likely that your symptoms are related to herpes. Herpes infection does not usually lead to such a clinical situation. Besides, a positive test does not always indicate an active infection. The fact that your tests resulted in positive means that you have g...  Read Full

Ask a Doctor Now