Q. Can I take medicines for urinary stone or will it resolve by itself?

Dr. Jaydeep Tripathy
Published on Aug 02, 2014 and last reviewed on: Oct 08, 2018

I am suffering from a 3.4 mm urinary stone. I have been having continuous pain in my lower right abdomen. The doctor suggested me tablets Pantocid, Nurokind, and Hifenac SR. Can I take these medications?

Dr. Jaydeep Tripathy

Family Physician General Practitioner
#

You have a renal calculus (urinary stone) which is of very small size. Your doctor has advised you good medicines. So, continue the same.

Hifenac SR (Aceclofenac) is a painkiller used to relieve the pain due to the stone.

Pantocid (Pantoprazole) is to prevent gastric side effects.

Nurokind is a multivitamin to make you feel better overall.

The stone is quite small and hence if you keep drinking a lot of water, and stay hydrated, it will come out automatically while urinating.

If the pain resolves after taking the medicines, in about a couple of week's time, then the stone would have definitely come out.

If the pain persists even after two weeks, consult a urologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/urologist

Why did I get pain after a long walk?

Query: Hello doctor, I walked for around 10 km two days back. I am not a habitual walker. I felt cramp twice in my right leg during first 3 km and after stretching it was better. Then I consumed fair amount of water. But, after 24 hours I got severe pain in calf muscles and there is slight swelling. Plea...  Read Full »

Dolo 650 MG Tablet

Article Overview: Dolo 650 is the most common medicine used during a fever and to relieve mild to moderate pain. Because of the tablets ability to reduce fever and pain, it is called an antipyretic and analgesic agent. The antipyretic action is achieved by inhibiting the production of prostaglandin and by increasing the loss of heat from the body. This tablet inhibits the signals of pain that are sent to the brain, as a result, the pain experienced by the person is reduced after taking it. Read Article

Dr. Sneha Kannan
Pharmacologist

Overview of Dolo 650 Dolo 650 is the most common medicine used during a fever and to relieve mild to moderate pain. Because of the tablets ability to reduce fever and pain, it is called an antipyretic and analgesic agent. The antipyretic action is achieved by inhibiting the production of prostaglan...  Read Article

I feel bloated and breathless. Is this normal?

Query: Hello doctor, I have been having stomach problems for the past three days and I have been trying everything and not seem to work. Today I tried Zantac 150 and I feel really bloated and feel like I am out of breath. Is this normal? Please help.  Read Full »