Q. Can I take medicines for urinary stone or will it resolve by itself?

Dr. Jaydeep Tripathy
This is a premium question & answer published on Aug 02, 2014 and last reviewed on: Jan 20, 2022

I am suffering from a 3.4 mm urinary stone. I have been having continuous pain in my lower right abdomen. The doctor suggested me tablets Pantocid, Nurokind, and Hifenac SR. Can I take these medications?

#

You have a renal calculus (urinary stone) which is of very small size. Your doctor has advised you good medicines. So, continue the same.

Hifenac SR (Aceclofenac) is a painkiller used to relieve the pain due to the stone.

Pantocid (Pantoprazole) is to prevent gastric side effects.

Nurokind is a multivitamin to make you feel better overall.

The stone is quite small and hence if you keep drinking a lot of water, and stay hydrated, it will come out automatically while urinating.

If the pain resolves after taking the medicines, in about a couple of week's time, then the stone would have definitely come out.

If the pain persists even after two weeks, consult a urologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/urologist

|