Q. Can I take medicines for urinary stone or will it resolve by itself?

Dr. Jaydeep Tripathy
This is a premium question & answer published on Aug 02, 2014 and last reviewed on: Oct 08, 2018

I am suffering from a 3.4 mm urinary stone. I have been having continuous pain in my lower right abdomen. The doctor suggested me tablets Pantocid, Nurokind, and Hifenac SR. Can I take these medications?

Dr. Jaydeep Tripathy

Family Physician General Practitioner
#

You have a renal calculus (urinary stone) which is of very small size. Your doctor has advised you good medicines. So, continue the same.

Hifenac SR (Aceclofenac) is a painkiller used to relieve the pain due to the stone.

Pantocid (Pantoprazole) is to prevent gastric side effects.

Nurokind is a multivitamin to make you feel better overall.

The stone is quite small and hence if you keep drinking a lot of water, and stay hydrated, it will come out automatically while urinating.

If the pain resolves after taking the medicines, in about a couple of week's time, then the stone would have definitely come out.

If the pain persists even after two weeks, consult a urologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/urologist

| 

What causes calf pain after taking a long walk?

Query: Hello doctor, I walked for around 10 km two days back. I am not a habitual walker. I felt cramp twice in my right leg during first 3 km and after stretching it was better. Then I consumed fair amount of water. But, after 24 hours I got severe pain in calf muscles and there is slight swelling. Plea...  Read Full »

Dolo 650 MG Tablet

Article Overview: Tablet Dolo 650 mg is the most common tablet used during a fever and to relieve pain. Read about its uses, dosage, side effects, drug warnings, interactions, precautions, and more. Read Article

Dr. Sneha Kannan
Pharmacologist

Overview : Dolo 650 is the most common medicine used during a fever and to relieve mild to moderate pain. This tablet effectively reduces fever and mild to moderate pain. The fever-reducing action is achieved by inhibiting the production of certain chemicals in the body and by increasing the loss o...  Read Article

I feel bloated and breathless. Is this normal?

Query: Hello doctor, I have been having stomach problems for the past three days and I have been trying everything and not seem to work. Today I tried Zantac 150 and I feel really bloated and feel like I am out of breath. Is this normal? Please help.  Read Full »