Q. My dad complains of a pain in his left leg seven years after a stroke. Please guide me.

My father suffered a stroke seven years ago, that got the right side of his body numb and non-functioning. But, after all these years, he constantly refers to a pain in his left leg. Can you tell me what would give him relief from this pain? I am attaching his latest reports here.

#

I have gone through your query and attached reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity).

• The possible explanation for the left-sided leg pain of your father is neuropathy. It can be contributed by the same factors that caused the stroke. The common factors include diabetes, substance abuse, high blood pressure, pressure on the nerves and increased coagulation.
  • The attached reports of MRI spine indicates the reason for back ache and I do not think these are related to the unilateral leg pain.
  • You mentioned that he takes medications for stroke prevention, but I do not have any details about those. If he is not already on Pregabalin, it can be added. It would effectively deal with neuropathy.

I hope this answers you. If you have more questions feel free to write back to me.

For more information consult a neurologist online --> https://icliniq.com./ask-a-doctor-online/neurologist

|