Q. What are the different types of nevus spilus?

Dr. Tahir Shehzad
This is a premium question & answer published on Nov 14, 2017 and last reviewed on: Oct 09, 2018

I have a birthmark and I am pretty sure it is a nevus spilus. I read that there are two types of nevus spilus, papular and macular. Can you see my picture to see which type it is? Also, do I have to worry about cancer risk? I cannot see a dermatologist and I do not want to get it removed.

#

• A nevus spilus is also called 'speckled lentiginous nevus'. These are dark spots on a flat tan background.
  • There are no different types of nevus spilus.
  • Also, you do not have to worry about cancer risk as there is very little chance of a nevus spilus turning into a malignant melanoma.
  • You do not have to remove it. Just keep a photographic record of its size.

For more information consult a dermatologist online --> https://icliniq.com./ask-a-doctor-online/dermatologist

|