Q. What can be done for nocturnal emissions?

Dr. Poosha Darbha
and medically reviewed by Dr. Hemalatha

I cannot stop nocturnal emissions. I sleep on my back and I do not even put any blankets on myself. I neither watch something or think about it, but it happens two or three times a week. I get brain fog from it and my voice badly changes. I get tired of it. Please help.

#

Nocturnal emissions usually occur in sex dreams and often even without dreams.

Sleep ejaculations are healthy and normal for everyone. They do not cause any problem in your sexual life either now or in the future. Just as pressure cooker releases steam every time the pressure inside the cooker increases, so also your body expels the unused semen once in a while and gives way for the production of new sperm or semen.

This is nature's way of releasing the sexual tension building up in you. Probably it is also a way to check that your sexual system is working fine, and to make sure semen does not become stale. Night falls disappear once you enter into regular sexual life.

There are a number of myths in society about night falls. Buying those myths causes psychosomatic symptoms like brain fog, weakness, fatigue, etc. Be assured, all these are myths and misconceptions due to a lack of scientific knowledge. So the next time nightfall occurs, laugh it off, wash it off and enjoy it.

If the symptoms persist, they may have other reasons behind them. Get a general medical check-up to identify the causes.

| 

What can I do to get relief from nightfall problem and testicular swelling?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 27 years old. I have a nightfall problem for a week. My right testicle has pain on the back side. I had epididymitis before a year, and I had treatment for it. Now, the pain and swelling are gone. But my nightfall problem is not stopped. My penis head is white, and it does not have ...  Read Full »

What can be done for nightfall and weakness?

Query: Hello doctor, I am suffering from nightfall and weakness.  Read Full »

I have a short penis and nightfall problem too.Is it normal?

Query: Hello, I am a 25 year old person. I have a short penis. It is only 2-2.5 inches long in flaccid state, but the length and diameter is 4 inches in erect state. I want to increase the size of my penis. Apart from this, I also have nightfall problem which lasts for less than 2 minutes. It will occur ...  Read Full »

Ask a Sexologist Now