Non-vital Teeth

Are bad smell and brown discoloration in a broken tooth suggestive of infection?

Query: Hello doctor, I broke a big part of my tooth, and I cannot get to the dentist as I have no money and no medical insurance. Now it smells, and looks pale brown color. I am scared, is it infected?  Read Full »

Dr. Subha

Dentist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Breaking of a part of the tooth is termed as tooth fracture. There are a number of types of tooth fractures. A few of them are symptomatic and cause pain. These require immediate attention. A few other types do not cause pain immediately. But they might show color ch...  Read Full »

My root canal filling came out. Pease help.

Query: Hello doctor, I had a root canal done for a tooth, a couple of months ago. My crown came out 8 days back. I did not go back to the dentist, but now a screw came out my tooth. What does this mean? When should I visit a dentist?  Read Full »

Dr. Naveen Thomas

Dentist, Endodontist, Pedodontist, Periodontist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. First of all, I would like to explain the treatment that has been done to your tooth according to the details provided by you: Your tooth has been root canal treated. Root canal treatment is mostly done to a tooth when the decay has reached the innermost layer of the toot...  Read Full »

I have a discolored broken tooth with a hole. Is there a chance of infection?

Query: Hello doctor, I have a discolored broken tooth with a hole. Is there any way I could have an infection, there is no pain in the area, and I can feel the tooth when I press with my tongue.  Read Full »

Dr. Sneha Narendeepak

Dentist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have read through your concern. I assume all your concerns are based on one tooth. Two scenarios are happening there. 1) The nerve of that tooth might be dead, which is the reason for not feeling any pain and causing discoloration in the same. 2) The nerve is und...  Read Full »

A sudden toothache started last night.What could have caused this?

Query: Hello doctor, A sudden toothache started last night in the front left tooth. It is really painful this morning. The pain is constant. I have attached a picture of the affected tooth. What could have caused this?  Read Full »

Dr. Naveen Thomas

Answer: Hello, I have gone through the attached picture (attachment removed to protect patient identity). The tooth is nonvital (dead) and therefore it is discolored. This usually happens if you had got your tooth injured in any accident, months or years ago. Even slight injuries to the tooth long before,...  Read Full »