iCliniq logo

Ask a Doctor Online Now

HomeAnswersNeurologynumbnessHow to cure my numb hand, face, and head with weak convulsions?

What is cure for head and hand numbness with convulsions?

The following is an actual conversation between an iCliniq user and a doctor that has been reviewed and published as a Premium Q&A.

Medically reviewed by

iCliniq medical review team

Published At March 28, 2019
Reviewed AtJune 7, 2024

Patient's Query

Hello doctor,

I quite often suffer from feeling numbness in the part of my head, face, and hand. I also quite often feel something like weak convulsions in the head. Those are very often with a headache. I am also very sensitive to the light and temperature changes. Those very often cause very strong headache and tearing. When there is cold outside, for it becomes difficult to speak. While walking sometimes for me it is very difficult to keep the coordination. I often feel trembling and weakness in the face and hands. I have visited neurologist a few years ago and magnetic resonance tomography was indicated. However, I have not gone for this medical examination. I have just started taking indicated medicines Tanakan. It helped me a little bit, but all those symptoms have stayed. I live with it for quite a long years. What illness it may be? What treatment and indications would be in this case?

Answered by Dr. Aida Abaz Quka


Welcome to icliniq.com.

I read carefully your question and would explain that your symptoms could be related to different possible causes like fibromyalgia, vitamin D or vitamin B12 deficiency, tension-type headache related to psychological stress, multiple sclerosis, small vessel disease of the brain, etc. Tanacan can help improve blood circulation in the brain. I would like to know your age and past medical history. I also agree with your doctor on the recommendation for a brain magnetic resonance imaging (MRI), as it is very important to exclude some of the above possible causes. I would also recommend performing some other blood laboratory tests like complete blood count for anemia, vitamin D and vitamin B12 levels, plasma levels for possible deficiency, polymerase chain reaction (PCR) for inflammation, thyroid hormone levels for thyroid gland dysfunction. You should discuss with your doctor on the above tests.

Same symptoms don't mean you have the same problem. Consult a doctor now!

Dr. Aida Abaz Quka
Dr. Aida Abaz Quka


Community Banner Mobile
By subscribing, I agree to iCliniq's Terms & Privacy Policy.

Read answers about:


Ask your health query to a doctor online


*guaranteed answer within 4 hours

Disclaimer: No content published on this website is intended to be a substitute for professional medical diagnosis, advice or treatment by a trained physician. Seek advice from your physician or other qualified healthcare providers with questions you may have regarding your symptoms and medical condition for a complete medical diagnosis. Do not delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice because of something you have read on this website. Read our Editorial Process to know how we create content for health articles and queries.

This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. iCliniq privacy policy