Q. My 2 year old son's teeth are exposed and are sensitive. Please help.

Dr. Honey Nandwani
This is a premium question & answer published on Mar 06, 2017 and last reviewed on: Jun 22, 2021

I have a 2 year old son, who was born through a c-section. One out of his six teeth is actively disintegrating. The enamel has come off, and the inner part of the tooth is exposed and sensitive to cold drinks. What should I do?

#

• The symptoms look like that of an early childhood caries (nursing bottle caries), which is commonly due to more sweet in the baby's diet and poor maintenance of oral hygiene.
  • I would suggest you take an OPG (orthopantomography), an x-ray of all the teeth.
  • The treatment plan is as follows,
  1. Filling of teeth in which nerves are not exposed.
  2. Pulpectomy of painful and sensitive teeth.
  3. Fluoride application.
  • To prevent this in the future, I suggest you try doing the following.
  1. Always wipe his teeth with a wet clean cloth after feeding. Brush his teeth daily.
  2. Better give him unsweetened milk, reduce sticky and sweet food.

Thank you for your advice. I will try and follow it.

#

I am happy that I helped.

For further information consult a dentist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/dentist

|