Q. Kindly advise the treatment for sensitive tooth.

Dr. Tooba Qazi

I am having sensitivity in the upper right tooth. There is no ditch or cavity but I feel the sensitivity while eating sweets. What could be the treatment option for it?

Dr. Tooba Qazi

Dentistry
#

Sometimes any cavity or decay is not seen clinically but there can be some infection or carious activity going on inside the tooth that can be detected in X-ray or on examination. Considering the symptoms following could be the treatment options. Filling of the tooth if there is some carious activity diagnosed internally. Varnish on the tooth if there is no carious activity seen and there is just wear off of enamel seen. Root canal treatment if carious activity inside the tooth has involved the root.

|