Q. Kindly advise the treatment for sensitive tooth.

Dr. Tooba Qazi
Published on Dec 12, 2018

I am having sensitivity in the upper right tooth. There is no ditch or cavity but I feel the sensitivity while eating sweets. What could be the treatment option for it?

Dr. Tooba Qazi

Dentistry
#

Sometimes any cavity or decay is not seen clinically but there can be some infection or carious activity going on inside the tooth that can be detected in X-ray or on examination. Considering the symptoms following could be the treatment options. Filling of the tooth if there is some carious activity diagnosed internally. Varnish on the tooth if there is no carious activity seen and there is just wear off of enamel seen. Root canal treatment if carious activity inside the tooth has involved the root.

I noticed cracks in my molar teeth.Should I wear a mouthguard?

Query: Hello doctor, While looking at my teeth the other day, I noticed what looked like cracks in my molar teeth  (2nd from the back) on either side. Recently, I went to the dentist for a cleaning and also was complaining about sensitive teeth to both hot and cold. On both these teeth, I have a bit of ...  Read Full >>

Dr. Tooba Qazi
Dentist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. First of all thank God that you met a good endodontist who diagnosed the right problem. Secondly, through all your case history it is evident that you are having a chronic habit of clenching your jaws that is called 'bruxism' in medical terms. What happens in it is, due t...  Read Full

Though I am stress-free, I am getting horrible headaches. Why?

Query: Hi doctor, I am almost 18 and ever since I was little I have had horrible headaches or migraines. Before, I used to get at least once in a week. If I sit in my dark closet, I feel like I am going to vomit or just bad enough. So, I do not want to get out of bed. I tried talking to my doctor about it ...  Read Full >>

Dr. Salah Saad Shoman

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You need to exclude the physical causes of headaches. You might have an error of refraction, so you need your eyes checked. You need to measure your blood pressure, as you might have irregularities of blood pressure. You should get your blood sugar measured as hypoglyc...  Read Full

My 2 year old son's teeth are exposed and are sensitive. Please help.

Query: Hi doctor, I have a 2 year old son, who was born through a c-section. One out of his six teeth is actively disintegrating. The enamel has come off, and the inner part of the tooth is exposed and sensitive to cold drinks. What should I do?  Read Full >>

Dr. Honey Arora
Dentist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The symptoms look like that of an early childhood caries (nursing bottle caries), which is commonly due to more sweet in the baby's diet and poor maintenance of oral hygiene. I would suggest you take an OPG (orthopantomography), an x-ray of all the teeth. The treatment...  Read Full