Q. I feel like an unnatural entity is trying to say something to me. Is it due to OCD?

This is a premium question & answer published on Apr 27, 2017 and last reviewed on: Sep 03, 2021

I have supernatural symptoms, and I see some signs, which seems like an unnatural entity is trying to say something to me. For example, I see something written on roads and also see lights like fireflies of blue, golden, and red color, which coincides with my life. I have an OCD problem, can this be due to OCD?

#

I can understand your concern. I need more details before commenting on the diagnosis.

You have mentioned that some unnatural thing is trying to say something to you. Do you have the awareness that these thoughts are in your head only or do these thoughts appear in real?

If these thoughts are persistent, repetitive, unwanted, and are resulting in distress, then most likely this is OCD (obsessive compulsive disorder). It could also cause seeing things written on road or colors too.

Please provide me more details in the follow-up.

Revert with more information to a psychiatrist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/psychiatrist

Due to OCD, from childhood, I was very curious about things related to matter after death and existence of all things. I did not know that I had OCD then. These coincidences started appearing when I was facing a stressful period. These thoughts are not in my head, but they seem real because I show these coincidences pattern to others, and they also think it is weird. Everybody tell me to ignore these things, but how can I ignore them if they are repetitive. My concern is mainly on the fact that, how a problem inside my head can create things outside? And as I mentioned that I see lights like fireflies, it appears for less than a second. I see these lights like many insects are moving around me. There is no particular time or day on which it appears, and it always appears when I am searching for some problem solution or guidance. Is it commonly seen in OCD patients?

#

• These thoughts are not resulting in distress and others also agree with your thoughts, this is against the diagnosis of OCD. These thoughts could be due to severe anxiety, which is resulting in excessive thinking.
  • Since others are also finding same coincidences, these are appearing in real. This is also against any diagnosis of a psychosis symptoms. The flashes of light which you are seeing should be evaluated properly. An ophthalmological and neurological examination should be done.
  • I guess these symptoms occur in some particular time only or are these persistent? This could also occur in severe anxiety. But with the available information, I can say these are not due to OCD.

For more information consult a psychiatrist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/psychiatrist

|