Q. Kindly suggest a face wash, sunscreen lotion and overnight cream for oily skin.

Dr. Sampada Avinash Thakare
This is a premium question & answer published on Nov 21, 2017 and last reviewed on: Oct 09, 2018

I am a 25 year old boy and my face is very oily during summer while in winters it is quite dry. In summers, a lot of oil pops out with white heads on my face. Even a short-term sun exposure tans my skin. I am also suffering from the problem of dark spots. Kindly suggest a face wash, sunscreen lotion, overnight cream or whatever it takes.

#

Ahaglow (alpha hydroxy acid) face wash can be used to wash the face.

La shield sunscreen can be used in the morning as it is non-comedogenic.

Please upload an image of your face, so that depending on the skin type, pigmentation, and acne, medications can be suggested.

I have attached a photo of my face. I have used Ahaglow face wash in the past, but it did not work out so well for me. Presently, I am using a tea tree oil cleanser. As you can see, I have a lot of pigmentation, dark spots and tanning. Please suggest medications.

#

Since you have already used Ahaglow face wash, you can try Rejuglow face wash. Do remember that a face wash should not make your face feel completely dry.

Use La shield sunscreen in morning, as mentioned.

Apply Golite (galanga extract) cream at bed time for pigmentation.

Take tablet Ener-C (Vitamin C) 1000 mg, one tablet, in a glass of water daily for two months.

Avoid fried foods and consume bright looking fruits like oranges and berries as they contain antioxidants.

For more information consult a dermatologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/dermatologist

Can you tell me the duration I should use these?

#

You can use Golite for two to three months, Vitamin C for two months, and the rest for six months.

|