Onychomycosis

Why is my toenail attached to the skin underneath?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 54 year old male. My height is 165 cm and weight is 62 kg. Currently, I take Stamlo 5 twice a day and Eltroxin 50 mcg once daily. I have dry feet. I keep using foot care cream to make my feet look normal. My toe nails seem to stick with the skin as they grow. I have attached the p...  Read Full »

Dr. Sunil Kothiwala

Dermatologist, Venereologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Hypothyroidism is a well known cause for dry skin. Your nails in the photos (attachment removed to protect patient identity) look yellow, thickened, and detached from the nail bed. Are you itching over the feet? It may be onychomycosis, a fungal infection of the nail. I w...  Read Full »

Something is wrong with my fingernails. What to do with it?

Query: Hello doctor, There is something wrong with my right fingernails, but my left nails are fine. What to do with it?  Read Full »

Dr. Payal Chauhan

Dermatologist, Venereologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand your concern but there is no attached photographs in your message. Kindly send a picture of the affected area to help you better. I need to see the affected area to assess the condition and to suggest you the appropriate diagnosis and treatment. Please s...  Read Full »

Why are my nails itchy, yellow and breaks easily?

Query: Hello doctor, Nails are itchy, yellow looking, break easily and it has probably been more than six months and getting worse.  Read Full »

Dr. Rabia

Answer: Hi, Welcome to iclinq.com. It would be great if you could attach pictures of your nails for proper diagnosis and treatment. You see there can be different reasons for that, it might be onychomycosis (fungal infection of nails) or may be weathering of nails. So, please kindly attach pictures for th...  Read Full »

What is the treatment for moles under the nails?

Query: Hello doctor, I have moles under the nails of each of my big toes. They appeared over the last months, but I do not remember exactly when. The one on my left toe is a round dot in addition to a diagonal line next to it and that goes to the right edge of my nail, while the one on my right toe is just...  Read Full »

Cosmetologist, Dermatologist, Family Physician, General Practitioner, HIV AIDS Specialist, Plastic Surgeon, Venereologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Is there any pain? Any change in placement noticed as the nail grows? Revert back with answers to the above questions to a dermatologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/dermatologist  Read Full »