Q. I missed giving the pulse polio drops. Is it mandatory to get it done?

Dr. Baratu Bhaisara
Published on Feb 18, 2018

I missed the pulse polio drops campaign for my daughter 3 years old. I really wanted to know, is there any difference between these drops and the ones we give through the regular immunization schedule. We spend thousands to get the immunizations done. Considering this, does it become mandatory to get the drops in government campaigns done? Or, is it just customary? Hope this will educate many.

#

I understand your concern.

Pulse polio dose is an extra dose other than the routine immunization. This dose (pulse polio) is given on specified dates in a calendar year through government agencies.This campaign aims towards eradication of polio.

If your daughter missed this dose, you cannot give it now until further dates are declared. It is not customary. Rather, it is the responsibility of the citizen to give these extra doses to kids under 5 years anywhere in the country on the given dates. By doing so, we are helping our country and the world eradicate polio.

For more information consult a paediatrician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/paediatrician

My 5 month old baby missed his polio vaccination. What should I do now?

Query: Hi doctor, My son is five months old. He has not received polio drop vaccinations as I was unaware. What should I do now?  Read Full »