Patient Education

Please give me some ideas about diagnosing diabetes in rural and semi urban area.

Query: Hello doctor, In diabetes, the main problem is diagnosing in rural and semi urban area, and I am a diabetes educator how I will play a role with doctor or telemedicine?  Read Full »

Dr. Priety

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. It is a great job being a health educator which help the illiterates and literate in any way. I appreciate your interest. To create awareness, you have to undertake health camps with the help of a doctor. You meet medical college dean and get his permission to start ...  Read Full »

What to do with the moisture absorbers in pill bottles?

Query: Hello doctor,There are many desiccant packs in the bottle of ovacure medicine? Can I throw them after opening the bottle? I am scared of eating it with the medicine.  Read Full »

Dr. Sabita Laskar

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The desiccant packs are used to keep the tablets moisture-free. Once opened, they might attract moisture and stick together which may alter its molecule or spoil it. You can keep the packs inside, there is no harm in it. It will just keep the tablets dry. For more i...  Read Full »

My son has a small epidermal nevus. Should I worry about potential gene mutation?

Query: Hello doctor, You were wonderful in allaying some health anxiety over some skin issues several months ago. So, I thought I would consult with you on another question pertaining to my son. Unfortunately, a combination of my health anxiety and the big mistake of searching online has my mind imagining ...  Read Full »

Dr. Jyotisterna Mittal

Dermatologist, Venereologist, HIV AIDS Specialist, Cosmetologist, Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. A solitary epidermal nevus is very common and does not pose any kind of serious health concern. Neither is a biopsy required. You are right. Any associated symptom should have been present since birth or early childhood in this case. Even if it is passed on to the ...  Read Full »

My small penis creates an inferiority complex when using public toilets. Help.

Query: Hello doctor,I am a 28 year old male. I am married and have a child. But, my penis is small. It is 2 inches in the normal stage and 4.2 inches during erection. I do not have any sexual issue. I have a good erection and my wife is getting an orgasm. But, the issue is I cannot use the public toile...  Read Full »

Andrologist, General Practitioner, Geriatrician, Psychiatrist, Psychologist Counsellor, Psychotherapist, Sexologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I read your query and understand your concerns. First of all, I would like to inform you that you have an absolutely normal size of the penis and there is nothing to be ashamed about the size. The normal size of penis ranges between 3 to 5 inches while erect and 2 to ...  Read Full »

My husband takes too many medications for his health conditions. Please advise.

Query: Hello doctor, My husband has been diagnosed with Alzheimer's and panic disorder with agoraphobia and is on several medicines. He is taking Glimepiride, Furosemide, Metformin-Januvia, Amlodipine, Lisinopril, Memantine, Pramipexole, Trintellix, Protonix, HCTZ, Tamsulosin, Donepezil, Clonazepam, Xanax...  Read Full »

Dr. Muhammad M. Hanif Md.

Cardiologist, Criticalcare Physician, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I went through your query. I can understand you are worried about your husband's health and the medications he is taking. The medications he is taking are all for the different issues he has and is necessary for his health. Antidepressant and sedative medications he i...  Read Full »

Is it possible to have a tunica albuginea rupture and be unaware of it?

Query: Hello doctor, If I were to strain or have a small superficial rupture to the tunica albuginea during erection, would I notice this in any way? Will there be any pain or bruising? I have read somewhere that the tunica has no pain nerves. That is why I wonder. There is no pain or abnormality noticed....  Read Full »

Dr. Shahil Khant

Andrologist, General Surgeon, Urologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Yes, any rupture of tunica albuginea will cause pain as a minimum sign. It can also cause a bruising ecchymosis but, a pain is a must. Completely ruptured tunica causes a penile fracture. Repeated partial rupture leads to Peyronie's disease. To detect a partial ruptu...  Read Full »

I will have to drive for 10 hours with a newborn. Can I use a car bed?

Query: Dear doctor, I will have to drive with a newborn from a hospital home for 10 hours (delivery is in another state). Even though the car seat is fine for short distance drives, would not it be better if the baby can lie down flat? Assuming the baby is full term and absolutely healthy, would it be alri...  Read Full »

Dr. Simy Mathew

Paediatrician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. No, there is absolutely no problem. The only thing you should keep in mind is that you should be driving slowly. And, your baby should not have any jerks while traveling as there is a high risk of bleeding from the head for premies. So, be careful and all t...  Read Full »

What is the difference between a psychologist and a psychiatrist?

Query: Hello doctor, I am looking into a career in child psychiatry, but cannot really understand the difference between what a child psychologist would be doing and what a child psychiatrist would be doing. Any child psychiatrists out here who can give me some information?  Read Full »

Psychiatrist, Sexologist, Psychotherapist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. A child psychiatrist is a psychiatrist who is a medical doctor and treats patients of child psychiatry by pharmacological and non-pharmacological means. They are specialists and gain specialization after attaining a medical graduate degree. A child psychologist is a sp...  Read Full »

Is brushing teeth within half an hour of acidic beverage consumption harmful?

Query: Hello doctor, Please tell me if this statement is true or not. I have been told that if you brush your teeth within a half hour after drinking or eating anything acidy, such as coffee, beer, or tea, it could actually brush the acid into your teeth, causing more damage than brushing. The problem is ...  Read Full »

Dr. Naveen Thomas

Dentist, Endodontist, Pedodontist, Periodontist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. There is no problem in brushing immediately after a meal. Such acidic foods damage teeth only if they remain in the mouth more than half an hour which cause some surface calcium loss due to the formation of calcium carbonate after salivary acids and other acidic food...  Read Full »

Does one receive a higher RF exposure if they weigh more?

Query: Hello doctor, I was directed to you in the hopes you could answer a technical question for me regarding MRI soft tissue neck SAR limits and RF exposure. Does one receive a higher SAR limit and RF exposure if they weigh more? For example, if a patient weighs 225 lbs would his or her SAR limits and s...  Read Full »

Dr. Chitrangada

Radiodiagnosis Physician, Radiologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The SAR (specific absorption rate) is directly dependant on the patient's weight and would definitely be more for a 250 lb person than a 225 lb. The second issue is that radiation heat is more at the surface than the deeper layers of the tissue. So, to conclude, cha...  Read Full »