Q. I have three big oral ulcers. Please help me out.

Dr. Asif Ahmed
This is a premium question & answer published on Sep 27, 2013 and last reviewed on: Oct 09, 2018

I have an oral ulcer problem. I always get big oral ulcers. Presently, I have three big ulcers. Please help me out.

#

As per your statement, it seems that you are having recurrent oral ulcers.

Well, I would like to inform you that most commonly, we have two types of oral ulcers.

1. Herpetic ulcers: which is of viral origin. It spreads from one person to another and its treatment is Acyclovir group drugs.
  2. Aphthous ulcer: which is also famously known as stress ulcer.

If it is a herpetic ulcer, then it will be associated with mild fever and most commonly situated near the lips.

An aphthous ulcer is due to mental stress. It mostly occurs over the tongue, oral mucosa region, and is very painful with a lot of saliva secretion. Aphthous is of two types - major and minor. Presently, you have got three minor aphthous ulcers.

Now, coming to the treatment of your aphthous. It is only symptomatic. I suggest taking painkillers with antacids. Also, apply a topical anesthetic gel over the ulcer for relief. It will subside in seven to 10 days.

You will completely get rid of it only at the age of 35 to 40 years.

For further information consult a dentist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/dentist

| 

I often get a mouth ulcer. What is the reason for this?

Query: Hello doctor,I often get a mouth ulcer which is in the form of oval shape and white in color. When I get this, I apply Mucopain gel and take Riboflavin tablet 10 mg. Can you please let me know the reason for this?  Read Full »

I have white debris on the inner side of my cheeks. Is it possible to scrap it off?

Query: Hi doctor, I have white debris on the inner surface of my cheeks, where teeth rub the cheeks and lower lip. Is it possible to scrape off this debris? Today after brushing and cleaning the debris, I had bleeding from my mouth. On examining, I found two fissures inside my left cheek, the whole left c...  Read Full »

Vitamin D and COVID-19
Did you know COVID-19 patients with vitamin D deficiency are twice as likely to have severe complications, including dea...  Read more»
The New 'Super-Spreader' Strain of Coronavirus
A new variant of SARS-CoV-2, the virus that causes COVID-19, is spreading fast in parts of the UK. Read how this new var...  Read more»
How to treat my mother's sigmoid colon ulcer?
Hi doctor, My mother, who is 45 years old, has ulcers in the sigmoid colon for the last 15 years. The problem got reduce...  Read more»