Q. I have three big oral ulcers. Please help me out.

Dr. Asif Ahmed
This is a premium question & answer published on Sep 27, 2013 and last reviewed on: Jan 20, 2022

I have an oral ulcer problem. I always get big oral ulcers. Presently, I have three big ulcers. Please help me out.

#

As per your statement, it seems that you are having recurrent oral ulcers.

Well, I would like to inform you that most commonly, we have two types of oral ulcers.

1. Herpetic ulcers: which is of viral origin. It spreads from one person to another and its treatment is Acyclovir group drugs.
  2. Aphthous ulcer: which is also famously known as stress ulcer.

If it is a herpetic ulcer, then it will be associated with mild fever and most commonly situated near the lips.

An aphthous ulcer is due to mental stress. It mostly occurs over the tongue, oral mucosa region, and is very painful with a lot of saliva secretion. Aphthous is of two types - major and minor. Presently, you have got three minor aphthous ulcers.

Now, coming to the treatment of your aphthous. It is only symptomatic. I suggest taking painkillers with antacids. Also, apply a topical anesthetic gel over the ulcer for relief. It will subside in seven to 10 days.

You will completely get rid of it only at the age of 35 to 40 years.

For further information consult a dentist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/dentist

|