Aphthous Ulcer

Why am I having white spots on gums?

Query: Hi doctor,I have a small white dot on my gums. It looks like a whitehead. I noticed it a couple of days ago. It is painless. It is just above my left canine. I do not know what it is. It is towards the top of the gum. I have attached the photo. Can you suggest what it could be? I am scared of the de...  Read Full »

Dr. Paras Angrish

Dentist, Pedodontist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. It looks like a minor aphthous ulcer, which gives no pain and subsides by itself. Please check if there is any pus discharge, pain in the tooth and any other area of the mouth also has this kind of spots. Aphthous ulcer often causes minimal symptoms or problems. Oral u...  Read Full »

How do oral herpes sore look?

Query: Hi doctor, Last week, I had a sore on the outside of my lower gum. My girlfriend, who is a dental assistant, told me that it is just a canker sore and it will go away. Now, I have one on the inside of the upper gum towards the roof of my mouth. If the second one is also a canker sore or is this som...  Read Full »

Dr. Prerna Jain

Dentist, Orthodontist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. These are called aphthous ulcers and commonly known as canker sores (attachment removed to protect patient identity). The reason why they occur is unknown. It could be a good allergy or vitamin B12 deficiency or stress ulcers. They occur as often as every two to three mo...  Read Full »

Does canker sore make lymph node swollen?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 30 year old male. I have a canker sore. I was wondering if it is common to have a swollen right lymph node with tenderness, body pain, and tiredness along with the sore. Please explain.  Read Full »

Dr. Prabhakar Laxman Jathar

Diabetologist, General Practitioner

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Cankersore also referred as aphthous ulcer, is a non-specific ulceration of non-keratinous mucous membrane of the mouth. The exact cause why these occur is not clear. Irritation of mucous membrane due to acidic foods and citrous foods could be a possibility. Pain is quite...  Read Full »

What could cause small bumps in tongue?

Query: Hello doctor, I have hurt places on my tongue, and I am currently scared because I never had any type of oral engagement and I am nervous. I have very small bumps, but I think I may be overreacting.  Read Full »

Dr. Mousam Chattopadhyay

Dentist, Endodontist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Upload an image of the bumps having white ulcers, they can be as simple as an aphthous ulcer to many serious issues. As you have mentioned no oral engagement, please do not take it otherwise but if you are comfortable letting me know if any history of unprotected ...  Read Full »

What can cause white spot on the gum?

Query: Hello doctor, I just noticed a white spot on my gum, not anywhere near my teeth. I am scared of it.  Read Full »

Dr. Kaushik Arya

Dentist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Thank you for sharing the image (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Based on the information you have provided, it looks like an ulcer. It is a common ailment found in most people. For a definitive diagnosis, I will need some more information. Since wh...  Read Full »

I am having reddish flap in the tonsil area. Why?

Query: Hello doctor, I had been having slight trouble with left tonsil. I suffer with tonsil stones and started to get yellow/green semi-solid fluid forming bottom of tonsil. This was easy to get out with cotton bud. It smelt so knew it was tonsil fluid/stone. I have always had lots of bouts of tonsilliti...  Read Full »

Dr. Syed Tehmid

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The picture you have attached does not show any lesion (attachment removed to protect patient identity). It is a normal looking tonsil showing tonsillar crypt (Crypta magna) which is normal. As of now the tonsils are normal looking. They are hypertrophied nor is there...  Read Full »

What could be the lump in vagina with itching, soreness and discharge?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 33-year-old female. I am concerned about a lump on my genital area and I am very worried it is a wart. I have had this problem on and off for about eight months now. I also have vaginal itching, soreness, and discharge. I visited a sexual health clinic and they said it was not...  Read Full »

Dr. Hari Pathave

Dermatologist, Venereologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Please provide me dome details. Do the blisters appear first then this type lump? Is it painful? Does every time you get only one such lump or multiple also? Do you have any fever? Have you noticed small blistering anytime? It will help me figure out your problem. For ...  Read Full »

Please suggest ways to heal my tongue ulcer.

Query: Hi doctor, I have one white patch in my mouth. It is exactly in the front part of my tongue and it affects my daily life strongly. I am really uncomfortable and my mouth has slobbered all the time. I used to have this in the past, but I did not have for more than a year. Sometimes, it is totally whi...  Read Full »

Cosmetologist, Dermatologist, Family Physician, General Practitioner, HIV AIDS Specialist, Venereologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. How many ulcers are there in your mouth? Exactly, how long it has been there? Do you have any genital ulcer? Is it painful or painless? Are you suffering from any joint pain? I am looking forward for your response in order to help you. Revert back with the answers to a d...  Read Full »

How to treat lip infection with a bump and lip cracks?

Query: Hello doctor, I have lip infection with a bump. Lip cracks are already there over a year and consulted a doctor from icliniq. They suggested me Chaptex lip balm but no more good result now a bump has appeared about one day.  Read Full »

Dr. Beryl Fredrick

Dentist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your query and attachment. (attachment removed to protect patient identity). I can understand your concern. This bump on the inner side of your lips is called aphthous ulcers (simple mouth ulcers). So many factors can cause ulcers in the mouth. ...  Read Full »

Why am I getting ulcer in the mouth frequently?

Query: Hello doctor, I am getting an ulcer on the inner cheek of the mouth. It disappears on the second day. But, again reappears after 1 or 2 days. It is about 29th time I am getting the same place ulcer within three months.  Read Full »

Dr. Beryl Fredrick

Dentist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. It could be a common aphthous ulcer also know as canker sore. It has various causative factors such as deficiency of vitamin, hormonal imbalance, psychological reasons such as stress, some kind of allergy such as for food or paste or mouthwash, accidental trauma, inj...  Read Full »