Common "Orchitis" queries answered by top doctors | iCliniq


Orchitis is inflammation of testicles caused by bacterial or viral infections. The most common causes are sexually transmitted diseases, mumps, etc. It causes swelling, pain, fever, nausea, vomiting, etc. It may lead to testicular atrophy and infertility. For treatment, the underlying condition is treated, and anti-inflammatory drugs are given. The application of an ice pack and rest will help to relieve pain.

Recently Answered Questions Recently Answered Questions

All the answers published in this website are written by verified medical doctors, therapists and health experts. The Content has been moderated by iCliniq medical review team before publication. Post your medical clarifications on iCliniq by choosing the right specialty and get them answered. Your medical queries will be answered 24/7 by top doctors from iCliniq.

I am having painful ejaculations and erectile dysfunction for the past six months. Can you help?

Query: Hello doctor, Six months ago, I started having painful ejaculations and erectile dysfunction. The ejaculations are not painful anymore, but the erectile dysfunction is still present. Even Trimix is not working. I also noticed semen comes out in my urine sometimes. When my girlfriend masturbates with...  Read Full »

Dr. Vaibhav Vishal

Answer: Hello, Welcome to I can understand your concern. There are multiple causes of erectile dysfunction. Pain in your testes during ejaculation can be a sign of a testicular infection called orchitis. Proper diagnosis requires a physical examination by a urologist and a scan of the scrotu...  Read Full »

Why do I testicular pain if I do not masturbate or have sex?

Query: Hello doctor, My husband is 33 years old with a weight of 209 pounds and 5 feet 9 inches height. He has been having pain in his scrotum and testis area for the past six to seven years after every 2 to 3 days whenever he does not masturbate or does not have sexual intercourse. If he masturbates daily...  Read Full »

Dr. Seikhoo Bishnui

Answer: Hello, Welcome to I can understand your concern. He has persistent testicular pain which develops usually when he does not masturbate or have sex. If the pain is persistent and is severe then that should be evaluated. The causes should be ruled out in order to make the diagnosis. Infe...  Read Full »

I have discomfort and pain in my testicles. Please help.

Query: Hello doctor, For the last three days, I am feeling minor discomfort and pain in the testicles. I feel it could be due to my constant bike drive. Can you just advise me what can be the treatment for it? I do not face any problem during intercourse. I do not even see swelling yet when I touch the par...  Read Full »

Dr. Goswami Parth Rajendragiri

Answer: Hello, Welcome to According to the mentioned history, you are having pain in the testis and slight swelling is there. So, orchitis-like testicular inflammation has to be ruled out and for that, it is better to investigate with ultrasonography of the testis. For pain and inflammation ...  Read Full »

Are my testicles paining due to testicular torsion?

Query: Hi doctor, I have severe pain in my testicles. I have done three scans before a week. It shows normal results. My testicle is fine with normal blood flow. All the results are normal except the result shown in three doppler scrotal scan reports. Before four days, I noticed that my testicle at the ri...  Read Full »

Dr. Samer Sameer Juma Ali Altawil

Answer: Hi, Welcome to Severe testicular pain occurs due to epididymal-orchitis and your ultrasound showed a good blood flow (attachment removed to protect patient identity). It means that there is no torsion at the time of the scan. You can have intermittent torsion. Therefore proper history a...  Read Full »

Why are my testes swollen?

Query: Hello doctor, I have fever of 38 to 38.5 over past seven days. Right testicle swollen for the past five days and left testicle swollen for the past four days. On IV antibiotics, Cravit and Doribax (which replaced Rochephin). C-reactive test above 231. The doctors still cannot identify the cause. An...  Read Full »

Dr. Khant Shahil Ramesh Bhai

Answer: Hello, Welcome to You are suffering from bilateral epididymo-orchitis (infection of the testis). You need to rule out any obstruction in your urine tract which might cause this. Do you have any difficulty in passing urine? Or any problem with urine flow? Get done with uroflowmery test w...  Read Full »

Will different testicle sizes affect the visa medical test?

Query: Hi doctor, I was attacked by mumps around three years back and now my testicle sizes are different. So, I wanted to know about the treatment. Will I get rejected in visa medical test? I am a petroleum engineer. Please help.  Read Full »

Dr. Naresh Kumar M.

Answer: Hello,Welcome to I have reviewed all the details you provided regarding the difference in size of the testicles. This discrepancy can be attributed to two main reasons: orchitis and hydrocele. Orchitis refers to the inflammation of the testicles, which occurred three years ago as a resu...  Read Full »

I have slight soreness near my left testicles. Please help.

Query: Hi doctor, I have been experiencing yellow urine for the past four to five days and slight soreness near my left testis.  Read Full »

Dr. Vaibhav Vishal

Answer: Hello, Welcome to I understand your concern. Your symptoms point to a testicular infection called orchitis (inflammation of one or both testicles). In addition, your blood reports (attachment removed to protect patient's identity) show diabetes (a group of diseases that result in too...  Read Full »

My testicle is swelling up. What can be the reason?

Query: Hi doctor, Since past 3 days my right testicle is swelling up day by day. I am not able to walk properly. Please help.  Read Full »

Dr. Saraswat Kumarshri Shriniwas

Answer: Hello, Welcome to Your description of symptoms is suggestive of orchitis (inflammation of testis) or swelling of testicle. Or inguinal hernia on the right side of hydrocele. If there is pain and redness, it is orchitis or if the swelling increases during coughing and reduces on lying do...  Read Full »

ask-doctor-img Ask a Doctor Online

* Your first query consult is free!

Search for a Health Issue

Disclaimer: No content published on this website is intended to be a substitute for professional medical diagnosis, advice or treatment by a trained physician. Seek advice from your physician or other qualified healthcare providers with questions you may have regarding your symptoms and medical condition for a complete medical diagnosis. Do not delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice because of something you have read on this website. Read our Editorial Process to know how we create content for health articles and queries.