Q. During orthodontic treatment, when will they remove the blue fillings?

Dr. Prerna Jain
Published on Jun 25, 2019

Today is my fourth day of braces, so I was just wondering when my blue fillings will be removed. The blue fillings purpose is to prevent me from biting down on the braces, but when will they get removed? Also, when will I feel comfortable biting down on my fillings, since my teeth are sore and it hurts, or when will I get actually to chew since I can only swallow?

Dr. Prerna Jain

Dentistry Orthodontist
#

Blue fillings or bites are removed when your teeth are better aligned, and deep bite (if present) is improved or corrected enough to prevent interference of upper teeth to lower braces. It takes a while to get used to the blue bites, usually 7 to 14 days. However, chewing continues to be less effective for longer. It is advisable to eat soft foods and supplement with nutritious juices and smoothies.

| 

Why am I having pain in a tooth with crown?

Query: Hello doctor, My back upper left molar had a cavity deep enough to warrant a crown last month. Since then, I have been back to the dentist twice to get adjustments on the crown, under the suspicion that its slight misfit with my bite was causing the dull-to-sharp pain I experience when I use that m...  Read Full »

What could cause constant pulsatile tooth pain?

Query: Hi doctor, I have constant pain in my front tooth (11). I have not had any trauma to it as of I aware and I take good care of my teeth. I do not have gum disease. There may be a tiny bit of gum recession due to over brushing. The ache is constant. I do not get any pain from cold or hot food or drink...  Read Full »

Calendula - the Wound Healer

Article Overview: Calendula is one of the best homeopathic remedies for bites, stings, and open skin wounds. It has tremendous ability to heal any wound, let it be a superficial wound or deep diabetic ulcer. Read Article

Dr. Sheetal Kamble
Homeopathic Physician

The another name for Calendula is 'English Marigold.' Calendula has a long history of use and has been considered as 'wound healer.' Calendula has been used not only by homeopathic physicians but also by the Western medicine and many surgeons. I have personally seen many surgeons using Calendul...  Read Article

Ask an Orthodontist Now