Orthodontic Treatment

How to fix gap in bottom teeth?

Query: Hello doctor, I have braces on at the moment and my orthodontist says I can get them off in four to five months. I think it looks okay for the most part but the thing that bothers me is this small gap in the bottom half of my front teeth. I have asked my orthodontist about this and she said that it...  Read Full »

Dr. Prerna Jain

Dentist, Orthodontist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your orthodontist is correct. The gaps at the bottom of the teeth are due to the shape of the teeth. Although very minor in your case, there are cases with much more apparent gaps. The treatment for this is to get reshaping of your teeth done or by gettin...  Read Full »

How long does it take to correct an open bite with braces?

Query: Hi doctor, I have a quite wide open bite. I am 24 years old and want to get them fixed with braces. The open bite is so big that I can thrust a pencil in my mouth with my teeth closed. I have attached a photo for your reference. Will it require surgery or can it be fixed with braces? How long will i...  Read Full »

Dr. Geeth Sadasivam

Dentist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have seen the picture you have attached (attachment removed to protect patient identity). The open bite can be corrected effectively with braces treatment. Surgery would not be a choice for this type of bite correction. The braces treatment will take approximately one y...  Read Full »

My teeth got shifted after some years of ortho treatment. Should I get braces again?

Query: Hello doctor,I got my braces treatment done before 12 years, as my teeth in the upper jaw were outwards than lower ones. Doctor put braces on my upper jaw as the problem was in the upper jaw teeth. But after two to three years teeth starting shifting and now I have developed spaces between teeth ran...  Read Full »

Dr. Ummah Mohammad

Dentist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The reason for relapse are many, 1. Dietary habits, eating hard food, putting much pressure on teeth. 2. Not using retainers up to the suggested time. 3. Internal factors such as lower teeth or jaw alignment which might be interfering with upper jaw alignment. 4....  Read Full »

I have gaps between teeth after braces. Please help.

Query: Hello, About 5 years ago I had wire braces for my teeth. And to have the braces on, I had 4 teeth extracted because my teeth were overcrowded. As far as I know, a lot of orthodontists take out premolars to create space. But for some reason my orthodontist took out 2 premolars, 1 molar on my bottom l...  Read Full »

Dr. Naveen Thomas

Dentist, Endodontist, Pedodontist, Periodontist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Sometimes orthodontists do extract molars if there is very severe crowding of the teeth. In your case, as you said there was severe crowding. Now you have space present where the molars where previously present and hence you are unable to chew properly. Is your second mol...  Read Full »

I felt a very fast shifting in my teeth position after wearing a new braces. Is this quick shifting normal?

Query: Hello doctor, I have a braces-related question. I wore the traditional metal braces on my upper jaw as a teen, 10 years ago. I wore the retainer for five years every night, and then I reduced it to one night per month after that, as instructed. My front four teeth shifted a lot (they are crowded, s...  Read Full »

Dr. Ummah Mohammad

Dentist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. All the movement and everything depends on the bone density in your oral cavity so no issues if it is going faster, it is a good sign that it is showing you benefits so soon. And braces and retainers each have their course of works so you should not be regretting on pu...  Read Full »

Why do I get teeth shaped indentation on the side of my tongue?

Query: Hi doctor, I always get indentations on the sides of my tongue because of my teeth, and sometimes my tongue gets cut. My middle teeth are crooked. I am attaching photos of my teeth and tongue.  Read Full »

Dr. Geeth Sadasivam

Dentist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have seen the pictures you have attached (attachment removed to protect patient identity) along with the complaint. The teeth that you have mentioned are said to be out of arch and is called crowding of teeth. The reason behind it is, lack of space for your teeth durin...  Read Full »

How to remove floss stuck in teeth?

Query: Hello doctor, I have floss stuck underneath my permanent retainer (had retainer for almost five years now) on my lower jaw. There is no pain, but I would like to find out how to remove the floss.  Read Full »

Dr. Divya Banu M

Dentist

Answer: Hey, Welcome to icliniq.com. For removal of the floss, you can use a tweezer. Another option is to try the superfine interdental brush, like Stim proxa and if it is not working out, then go to a local dentist. Do not try to mess with it much as this can cause a problem with your retainers. You do ...  Read Full »

I got my braces removed earlier. Should I get braces again?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 18 years old. I had braces a few years ago. I got them out early because I thought my teeth would have become straight, which I totally regret. I did not get a retainer for teeth. I do not like my teeth whatsoever. Can I get braces again?  Read Full »

Dr. Geeth Sadasivam

Dentist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have read through your complaint and relevant details. You sound like your teeth have returned to the original position. The reason, as you are already aware of, is because of not using the retainers. You should also know the fact that as the word implies the retainers ...  Read Full »

I am wearing braces for open bite. What is the recommended elastic position for it?

Query: Hello doctor,At the moment, I have been wearing braces for roughly 2.5 years. I have an open bite on my left side that starts from the lateral incisor. I have been wearing my rubber bands as instructed. My appointment is until four weeks from now. Even though I should see my dentist for this, what i...  Read Full »

Dr. Gaurav Pandey

Dentist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. As you told, you have wearing braces for 2.5 years and having a single open bite. As I can see in the attached picture, your elastics looking perfectly placed (attachment removed to protect patient identity). In orthodontic treatment, some cases took a too long time,...  Read Full »

While on braces treatment, should we remove the milk teeth or treat it with veneer?

Query: Hello doctor, We are looking at getting braces for my 14-year-old daughter. She does not need wisdom teeth removed, but she has a small baby tooth number 22. The last dentist we went to see suggested removing it because there is no enough root. They suggested to remove before braces and bridge it. ...  Read Full »

Dr. Naveen Thomas

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Please attach the X-ray for a better understanding. Anyway, the milk tooth has to be removed. The wisdom tooth usually develops and erupts by around 18 to 20 years of age. So need to see X-ray for confirmation. No need for a bridge at this age go for braces to correc...  Read Full »