Q. I need a second opinion about my orthodontic treatment.

Dr. Honey Arora
Published on Jul 15, 2017

I am currently having Damon braces for almost a year. I have attached a picture. What do you think about my teeth position, especially, my canine? I think it looks weird. What should be done by my dentist to make it look right?

Dr. Honey Arora

Dentistry Oral Implantologist
#

• Damon braces are a self-ligating system of dental braces and it implicates light forces over the teeth and lets the tooth movement occur in a short time and needs fewer adjustments.
  • The image that you have sent (attachment removed to protect patient identity), does not show your teeth properly and just the incisal third is visible. So please send an image with the teeth completely and clearly visible. From the image, I can see that the incisors are still not properly aligned, but the canines are not visible for me to be able to comment.
  • You should consult an orthodontist and get evaluated. Slight adjustments in the braces and appropriate force adjustments will help in aligning the teeth.

Do not worry it can be done by a trained orthodontist. Hope this helps. Regards.

For more information consult a dentist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/dentist

The part of the tooth usually inside the gum, is visible out. Is it normal during orthodontic treatment?

Query: Hi doctor, My son has been having orthodontic treatment (upper and lower braces) for approximately 2.5 years. He is almost 16 years old now. For the last year, at least one of his bottom incisors has been lifting up and has caused a bump, and a part of the tooth that is usually below the gum line is...  Read Full »

I have started to get space between teeth after orthodontic treatment. Why?

Query: Hello doctor, I had braces on my teeth when I was 15 years old. Now I am 24 and I can see a lot of gaps developing between my teeth. Should I put on braces again or is there any alternative option that I should choose?  Read Full »

Will other teeth shift if I get a tooth removed for braces?

Query: Hello doctor, I have a misalignment and mild crowding of teeth in upper jaw and have bite issues. I have consulted a maxillofacial surgeon and advised tooth removal prior to braces and removed upper left tooth, probably molar tooth, and advised to consult orthodontist for braces. I want to know whe...  Read Full »