Otomycosis

Can ear fungal flakes be cured without medication?

Query: Hi doctor, I am having ear fungal flakes according to my doctor. I want to know how much time it will take to cure and what type of medication generally is prescribed in this condition? And this condition can be cured without medication?  Read Full »

Dr. Dheeraj Kumar Jonnalagadda

ENT Otolaryngologist, Allergy Specialist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The condition you are describing is called otomycosis. This is a very curable condition in which topical antifungal drops have to be used along with the above medication. The mainstay of treatment is antibiotics, topical antifungal drops like Clotrin plus or Candibiotic...  Read Full »

Why do I have ear pain and black deposits coming from the ear?

Query: Hello doctor, I am facing ear pain since yesterday. My right ear alone is paining. When I tried cleaning with a earbud, the bud came out with a black colored deposit. What do I do?  Read Full »

Dr. A.k.srivastava

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. After considering the facts of your query, it appears like you are suffering from either of these. Wax in the ear. Otomycosis (fungal infection of the ear). Treatment is different in both the above situations. I suggest taking Paracetamol 500 mg for pain relief....  Read Full »

What is the reason for tinnitus in my ear?

Query: Hello doctor, Recently, my ENT doctor suctioned a lot of fungus from my right ear and it fixed the problem. However, high pitched ear ringing continues to be a problem without any pain. It is more of a pulsating feeling and that synchronizes with my heart rate when I am in the prone position. My h...  Read Full »

Dr. Geeta Priyadarsini Kamminana

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You are suffering from otomycosis also known as swimmer's ear. It is the fungal infection of the external ear. The symptoms include itching, ear discharge, ear pain, ear fullness, temporary hearing loss and tinnitus. Although most individuals will get immediate r...  Read Full »