I have had otomycosis for the past four months. I felt a bit deaf in my right ear and itchy on both ears. I have already done ear flushing twice. It has been two months since my past ear flushing was done. But the deafness is back again, but this time I did not feel heavy on my ear. I just put baby oil every four hours.
I hope you can recommend to me a good medicine.
Welcome to icliniq.com.
1) Refrain from self-cleaning the ear as it can introduce fungal spores from the cotton on the tip. In addition, you have a high chance of damaging your eardrum as well.
2) Refrain from using a steroid combination of ear drops. They fulminate the disease in many cases.
3) It is always recommended to get the fungal debris suctioned out under vision using a microscope or endoscope to remove all visible fungal elements. Flushing is not a good technique as it is a messy process with less favorable outcomes.
4) I suggest you use Candid ear drops (Clotrimazole and Lidocaine) three drops thrice daily. Please remember to apply the drops with your ear facing upwards and maintain this position for the next ten minutes following the application of the drops.
5) Refrain from using anything else as drops for the ear other than what has been mentioned.
I hope this answers your query.
Was this answer helpful?|
Same symptoms doesn’t mean you have the same problem. Consult a doctor now!
.. swimmer's ear is one condition that can cause pain, deafness, wetness, and intense itching. The best way to treat this problem is to 1) Refrain from self-cleaning the ear as it can introduce fungal spores from the cotton on the tip. In addition... Read fullIs there any treatment for sinusoidal deafness?
.. a bilateral sensorineural loss which is progressive. There is no medicine which can prevent further loss. You have to get serial audiograms every six months to see the progression of the hearing loss. Current treatment is to wear a good quality ... Read fullKindly suggest the treatment options for sudden deafness of ear.
.. reported by you, there is an improvement in the left ear however, in spite of all the treatments done, sometimes the loss is not entirely reversible. Thus there are high chances of the damage in the left ear to be the same, which is mild at low fr... Read full
Ask your health query to a doctor online?Ask an ENT Otolaryngologist Now