Q. What are the ways to treat ear fungal flakes?

Dr. Dheeraj Kumar Jonnalagadda

I am having ear fungal flakes according to my doctor. I want to know how much time it will take to cure and what type of medication generally is prescribed in this condition? And this condition can be cured without medication?

#

The condition you are describing is called otomycosis. This is a very curable condition in which topical antifungal drops have to be used along with the above medication. The mainstay of treatment is antibiotics, topical antifungal drops like Clotrin plus or Candibiotic plus ear drops and Levocetirizine tablet. The main thing is the water precaution. You have to keep a thick cotton while bathing and remove it after taking bath. Swimming and water activities are completely prohibited.

|