Q. What are the ways to treat ear fungal flakes?

Dr. Dheeraj Kumar Jonnalagadda
Published on Feb 22, 2019

I am having ear fungal flakes according to my doctor. I want to know how much time it will take to cure and what type of medication generally is prescribed in this condition? And this condition can be cured without medication?

Dr. Dheeraj Kumar Jonnalagadda

Allergy Specialist Otolaryngology (E.N.T)
#

The condition you are describing is called otomycosis. This is a very curable condition in which topical antifungal drops have to be used along with the above medication. The mainstay of treatment is antibiotics, topical antifungal drops like Clotrin plus or Candibiotic plus ear drops and Levocetirizine tablet. The main thing is the water precaution. You have to keep a thick cotton while bathing and remove it after taking bath. Swimming and water activities are completely prohibited.

What is the reason for ringing in ear post ear infection?

Query: Hello doctor, I had an ear infection but my ear infection has gone now but very low pitched ringing in my right ear is not stopping.  Read Full »

Should I be concerned about my ear infection and perforated eardrum?

Query: Hi doctor, I was recently diagnosed with ear infection and a perforated eardrum. Initially, I was diagnosed with a viral respiratory infection and followed by ear infection in a two days. I have been taking antibiotics for three days now. I have a lot of fluid continuing to seep from my ear. How lon...  Read Full »

How can I get rid of swimmer's ear?

Query: Hello doctor, I have swimmers ear and I do not know how to get rid of it and now my ears hurt extremely bad.  Read Full »