Ovarian Cystectomy

I have done laparoscopic ovarian cystectomy six times, and want to get pregnant now. Please advice.

Query: Hello doctor, I am 36 years married since a year back, I had a history of six times laparoscopic ovarian cystectomy and my doctor did ovarian drilling twice, and I found AMH low and my period was normal every 30 days with the average amount, I used the ovulation kit for three months and there was no...  Read Full »

Dr. Dattaprasad Balasaheb Inamdar

Infertility Specialist, Obstetrician And Gynaecologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. If you had checked with ovulation kit in the cycle while taking OCP (oral contraceptive pills), they bound to be negative. If the period is regular every 30 days (as you mentioned) and still kit showed no ovulation, it might have given a false negative result which i...  Read Full »

How can a 4 cm dermoid ovarian cyst be treated?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 34 year old female, and I had my right ovary and tube removed during C-section, due to a 4.5 cm dermoid cyst. The cyst was found during an ultrasound scan, five years back. The surgeon said a cystectomy was no possible because the cyst had completely replaced the ovary. Could you p...  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your attached reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Let me tell you, your right-sided cyst was having benign germ cell tumor that is a dermoid cyst, which is called as a mature cystic teratoma. Such a cyst is filled with cheesy mate...  Read Full »

Does high CA-125 confirm that I have cancer?

Query: Hello doctor, I have a history of inflammatory myofibroblastic tumor detected at the age of 11 years, which was around 12 years back and had undergone an operation for the same. Currently, my CA-125 in serum is 125.37 U/ml. The ultrasound scan revealed large multiloculated well-defined bilateral adn...  Read Full »

Dr. Raghu

General Surgeon, Surgical Oncologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Based on your reports, there seem to be ovarian tumors on both sides. The type of tumor, either benign or malignant, can be revealed only after removal. It may be unrelated to your previous tumor. The value of CA-125 though raised does not indicate malignancy. It is mar...  Read Full »

Are these symptoms of a menopause?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 32 years old. Last year, I had a cyst on my ovary and I had to undergo an operation to remove it. The doctors ended up removing both my ovaries. I was told to take Microgynon to balance my hormones. I have been very forgetful with my intake of the tablet for the whole year and h...  Read Full »

Dr. Jimesh H Mavani

General Practitioner, Obstetrician And Gynaecologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Yes, it is right. You can have these symptoms if you are going through a menopause. As both your ovaries are removed, you are going to end up in menopause. This is called surgical menopause. To decrease the symptoms of menopause your doctor prescribed you Microgynon ...  Read Full »