Q. I have undergone ovarian cystectomy six times, and trying to conceive soon. Kindly advice.

Dr. Dattaprasad Balasaheb Inamdar
and medically reviewed by Nithila A
Published on Jul 12, 2019 and last reviewed on: Jul 15, 2019

I am 36 years married since a year back, I had a history of six times laparoscopic ovarian cystectomy and my doctor did ovarian drilling twice, and I found AMH low and my period was normal every 30 days with the average amount, I used the ovulation kit for three months and there was no positive result (anovulatory). I want to get pregnant as soon as possible. Please advice for me.

Dr. Dattaprasad Balasaheb Inamdar

Infertility Obstetrics And Gynaecology
#

If you had checked with ovulation kit in the cycle while taking OCP (oral contraceptive pills), they bound to be negative. If the period is regular every 30 days (as you mentioned) and still kit showed no ovulation, it might have given a false negative result which is familiar with ovulation kits, especially if monitoring is not done as advised on it).

It is very rare for all cycles despite being regular to be anovulatory (it is ok if an irregular period is anovulatory). Still, considering your age, multiple surgeries, and low AMH, you can go for ovulation induction (initially at least with clomiphene citrate). You need to consult a doctor for a prescription and further ovulation monitoring. Controlled ovarian stimulation with injection FSH (follicle-stimulating hormone) and IUI (intrauterine device) will give a better chance of pregnancy than ovulation induction alone.

Is it possible to get IVF done in a patient with endometriosis?

Query: Hello doctor, Husband is 39 and wife is 38. Married for the past 11 years. Late pregnancy planning. Open myomectomy, right ovarian cystectomy, and adhesiolysis were done three years back. Conceived normally two years back with low AMH 1.34. CS a year back. Congenital heart disease - aortic stenosis...  Read Full »

How can a 4 cm dermoid ovarian cyst be treated?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 34 year old female, and I had my right ovary and tube removed during C-section, due to a 4.5 cm dermoid cyst. The cyst was found during an ultrasound scan, five years back. The surgeon said a cystectomy was no possible because the cyst had completely replaced the ovary. Could you p...  Read Full »

According to scan, the fetus growth is lagging. Kindly clarify it.

Query: Hi doctor, My wife is three months pregnant, and the doctor is telling that the baby is lagging in growth for about one month. The fetus heartbeat is good as per ultrasound, but the fetal growth is less. My wife's weight also dropped from 57 to 55 kg and recently, she is having stomach ache and back...  Read Full »

Ask an Infertility Specialist Now