Q. Are these symptoms of a menopause?

Answered by Dr. Jimesh H Mavani and medically reviewed by iCliniq medical review team.

Do you have a question on Menopause or Gain Weight? We have medical experts to help you right away. Ask a Doctor Now »
Image: Are these symptoms of a menopause?

I am 32 years old. Last year, I had a cyst on my ovary and I had to undergo an operation to remove it. The doctors ended up removing both my ovaries. I was told to take Microgynon to balance my hormones. I have been very forgetful with my intake of the tablet for the whole year and have not been consistent. Now recently, as usual, I forgot to take tablets for a few days and started bleeding. I was worried it could be something more serious, but doctors told me that it was fine and it was because of the missed tablets. I have gained weight and my stomach appears bloated. At one point I was convinced that I was pregnant as I felt weird movements. The doctors did a scan and there was nothing wrong. I also went through a phase of fatigue. I sometimes get pain in my lower abdomen. I went to another doctor for advice as my cyst was never tested for cancer. He told me to go for thyroid, menopause and cholesterol test. I have not done them yet. They said that it may be the symptoms of menopause. I just wanted to enquire about my health, whether if this is really a menopause and the further steps to be taken. Please advise.