Q. I am suffering from pain during sex and cannot continue due to it. Kindly help.

Dr. Parth Singh
and medically reviewed by Dr. Nithila A
Published on Jul 29, 2019 and last reviewed on: Sep 26, 2019

I feel pain during sex. I had bleeding for the first time when I tried, so I thought it is easy to take it, but it hurt me. So I stopped him now, I cannot have sex.

Dr. Parth Singh

Psychiatry Psychologist/ Counsellor Sexology
#

Pain during such a pleasurable thing like sex is a spoiler. There are a few common causes of severe pain during sex.

1. Any unhealed injury or abrasion in the vagina.

2. Any infection in the genital tract.

3. Doing sex while the vagina is still dry.

4. Uncomfortable or unrealistic sex position.

First, you need to assure you are not having any injury or painful spot in the vagina. If that is not the issue, you should look for any foul-smelling discharge from the vagina, which is indicative of infection. Thirdly do lots of foreplay before sex to naturally lubricate the vaginal canal and use lubricants like K-Y Jelly while doing sex. Always try a sex position which is comfortable and pleasurable for you. Do not just follow the lorn clips.

What can be done for recurrent vaginal thrush?

Query: Hello doctor, I had thrush a few weeks ago due to antibiotics. It subsided on taking cream and a pessary after which I stopped the cream in three to four days. After a few days, the thrush again appeared on my vagina (labia). Nurse in a walk said still there is thrush and advised to take Fluconazo...  Read Full >>

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. These are definitely (attachment removed to protect patient identity) old thrush lesions which have become inflamed and red, due to possible frequent scratching following itching over the region. The scratching has possibly led to abrasions or knife-like cuts. They a...  Read Full

Ask a Sexologist Now