Q. I am having brown discharge after sex. Why?

Published on Dec 01, 2018

I am a female 44 years old. After sex, there is a brown discharge. It only happens at that time. There is no other discharge after that. Is it something to panic about? I am taking BP medication Nebicad H and Thyronorm for thyroid.

Infertility Obstetrics And Gynaecology
#

This is called post-coital bleeding especially occurring in form of darkish brown mucoid secretion mixed discharge or often in form of spotting and usually accompanied with pain. The most common cause of such complaints is usually cervical erosions or cervicitis which can be confirmed after a per speculum examination and a pap smear by your gynecologist. This is usually due to a frictional lesion of the cervix during intercourse and a repeat friction causes fresh bleed each time increasing inflammation.

The treatment is usually a 10 days course of antibiotics with complete abstinence from intercourse for three weeks and a repeat PAP smear after a month to evaluate the recovery. Other possible cause could be a cervical polyp, a cervical growth or often vaginal dryness secondary to chronic vaginitis-causing vaginal abrasions and bleeding. The best next step shall be a gynecological examination and a PAP smear.

Is it risky to have sexual intercourse with type 1 herpes patient?

Query: Hi doctor, I just recently started dating a man that informed me he has type 1 herpes. I want to know the risk factors and protective measures I can take if I choose to start a sexual relationship with him.  Read Full >>

Dr. Bharat Udey
Geriatrician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Type 1 herpes is a sexually transmitted virus. It spreads with contact with an infected person. It can lead to oro-genital infective lesions. To prevent it, avoid any kind of sexual contact with the infected person especially when the person is having active lesions....  Read Full

What is the reason for not ejaculating during sexual intercourse?

Query: Hello doctor,I am 70 but until recently have been very sexually active with my wife. I am in good health overall but have suffered from anxiety and depression my entire life. That usually has not interfered with my sex life. I have had a penile implant several years ago so getting an erection is not...  Read Full >>

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You are in good health and has no serious co-morbid issue. You have main problem of delayed or no ejaculation. This could be occurring due to poor erection or reduced libido or anxiety. You are not on any anti-hypertensive so we can think of adding Sildenafil to your...  Read Full

Is it normal to bleed on the second occasion of sex?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 18 years old. I am on the contraceptive pill and have started my second month by last week. Two weeks ago, I had sex for the first time and bled during and after sex. But, thought nothing of it as it was normal. Then, I had my period on my pill free days. When I had sex yesterday, I...  Read Full >>

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I read your query and understand your concerns. Although most girls have one time bleeding during sex, a few of them report multiple bleeding during early years of sexual life. I mean to say that it is entirely normal to have to bleed on the second occasion. In case the ...  Read Full