Q. What is causing pain during sex at a particular spot inside vagina?

Dr. Eeshani Dutta

Whenever my fiance has been having sex recently (the past few days) it has been painful. I can feel a certain spot on the right inside of my vagina that when he hits it while going in feels like a knife stabbing me in that spot. After he is fully in and going, it does not hurt. It is just the initial insertion hitting that point. I can literally pinpoint that it is like two inches up inside on the right side. And after sex, when I go to the bathroom it is always tinted red. I thought this was because I had just gotten a new implant in my arm a few weeks ago and I was getting used to it but now I am thinking the blood is coming from a cut or something. I am just wondering what this spot could be or what it is at all?

#

Welcome to iclinq.com.

You seem to have Progesterone implant. There may be a slight change in the mucus quality due to these hormones, rendering it thicker, hence less lubricating. There may be a small crack or tear (due to sexual activity) due to inadequate lubrication. In my view, you should avoid sexual activity for a few days and allow it to heal. Vagina heals pretty fast, so if the problem does not subside in two weeks, it is better you allow a doctor to have a look to clinch the exact diagnosis.

|