Q. Will paleo diet help in losing weight?

Dr. Shakti Mishra

Is paleo diet really good to lose weight? It appears that the paleo diet does not have anything much for vegetarians. I want to follow a paleo vegetarian diet to lose about 15-20 kg of weight. I am a thyroid patient and taking Thyronorm 50 mcg for the past 15 years. I also have high BP and taking Telma 40 after breakfast and Amlogard 5 mg after dinner. I was affected by Vitiligo about 10 years back and currently not taking any allopathy medication for this. I am taking one ayurvedic tonic called Lukoskin.

I have highly irregular periods recently hence taking Ovral L to get periods on time. A few months I stopped taking the medicine and did not get the periods for the past three months. I have started the medicine again for the past 10 days.

Dr. Shakti Mishra

Fitness Expert Nutritionist Physiotherapy Yoga
#

Welcome to Icliniq.com.

Well, paleo diet is good in a sense of restricting your diet, but as you said you have irregular periods too. That means sufficient amount of nutrition might not be reaching your body. So better have some non-vegetarian food products which are excellent source of protein for your body. Fish and egg are good.

It sometimes becomes quite impossible to remain away from protein-rich food items. Following a paleo diet with a twist of nonvegetarian foods involved might help. Include non-veg like two pieces of chicken with cabbage or other leafy vegetables and make a salad add olive oil and have it thrice a week. You can follow the same paleo diet the other days.

| 

But I am a complete vegetarian. I can take eggs in the form of omelet but nothing beyond this in non-vegetarian I can take. Would you still have some suggestions for me?

Dr. Shakti Mishra

#

Well, you did not mention that in your history. In that case, yes you can have eggs every alternate days thrice in a week. Include more of soya beans, drumsticks, and spinach in your diet. You can have milk twice a week. And rest the same as in the paleo diet.

| 

How To Lower Cholesterol On A Paleo Diet?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 25 year old male. I am 91 kg, and my height is 5 feet and 2 inches. My cholesterol levels are high, and I am over weight. I have hypertension, and I am taking tablets for cholesterol. I need a Paleo diet chart. Please help me. I am attaching my recent reports.  Read Full »

Can I lose weight by eating only eggs for breakfast and lunch?

Query: Hello doctor,There is a diet to lose 10 kgs in 10 days where I have to eat three eggs at breakfast and three eggs at lunch and oats for dinner. So, I want to really do this diet. My question is, can I eat four or six eggs together at breakfast because I cannot have them later due to my schedule. I...  Read Full »

Kindly comment on my paleo diet reports.

Query: Hi doctor, I have been following paleo diet for the past 20 days. I have attached my reports here for your reference. Kindly review my report and let me know your feedback.  Read Full »

Ask a Nutritionist Now