Weight loss is nothing but burning more calories than you take. In this article, you can learn about smartly losing weight without sacrificing your favorite food or without doing vigorous exercises.
Following a strict diet and practicing regular exercises can be a difficult task for many. You can easily do that by cutting extra calories from food and beverages and increasing caloric burn through physical activity.
Many people are tired of sacrificing their favorite food and unable to find extra time for a workout. We all know how it is not easy to reduce weight by controlling food habits and exercises. This article will give you a few tips to lose approximately 2 lbs of weight weekly by performing some simple tasks and modifying your food habits. There are ways to lose weight by just doing your daily routines and making mild changes in your diet. They are,
1. Add Few Healthy Foods Along With Your Unhealthy Food - You can eat all kinds of junk foods like fries, pizzas, burgers, etc., and still lose some pounds.
Add few servings of healthy foods like:
Baked food items (instead of fried food).
Nuts and oats along with your junk food.
For example, instead of eating four slices of cheese pizza, you can eat two slices and in between add some healthy options like fruits, veggies, nuts, etc. And eat a cup of veggies or salad after every slice of cheese pizza. This will help to satisfy your craving and make you feel full without consuming too much fatty food.
2. Perform Daily Works Yourself - Instead of hiring a cleaner or housemaid for cleaning your house, simply perform those activities yourself. You can manually clean the utensils instead of putting them in the dishwasher for cleaning. Sweep your house once daily. This kind of physical activity will improve your arms' muscle tone and your back and waist. This activity takes only five minutes, which can help keep your house clean and your body toned.
3. Use The Staircase - If you are not having any joint problems, you can take the stairs to go up and down instead of using the elevator or escalator. Climbing staircases is one of the best ways to lose weight.
4. Walk Whenever Possible - Most people use a cab or vehicle, even for small distances. Instead, they can use that time and energy to walk, which can help to burn their calories. Usually, an average healthy person can walk one to two miles every day. Try to walk instead of driving to perform daily chores like grocery shopping. If the distance is less than a mile or two, you should be able to walk. In this way, you can save time, and there is no need to spend extra time separately walking to decrease your weight.
5. Eat Home Cooked Food- Homemade foods are usually nutritious and healthy options to lose weight. Preparing food at home takes some time and energy, which helps to burn a few calories. It is easy to order food online and get it delivered to your doorstep in today's life. Hence people are less involved in physical activities.
These are the smart ways to lose weight without sacrificing the lifestyle. There are many ways to involve yourself every day in different activities so that you can eat anything you want and still lose weight.
Cut down your sugar consumption from two spoons to one in your tea if you want to have it.
If you have food when you are starving, you will eat more. So try eating more small meals regularly, like an average of 5 small meals a day, rather than 2 or 3 large meals.
Always be conscious about what you eat. You can have a diary to note down everything you eat.
Try to eat your snack only on the dining table, not on the couch in front of your television or mobile, because being too comfortable while eating can lead to overeating. By this, you can cut down on snacks tremendously.
Drinking a lot of water can reduce hunger pangs and give you more energy.
Practice yoga or exercise daily.
When you decide to reduce your weight, you try to achieve it by the weekend. But in reality, it is not possible. If you want a permanent solution, you need to take it slow. Therefore, it may even take a year to get to the desired weight.
Joining an aerobics class can help to lose weight.
Always make yourself busy because you might crave chocolates and other junk foods when you are free and simply sitting.
Do not store or fill your pantry unit with fattening, yummy foods. It is easy to control food intake if you do not have it around. So if you feel like having chocolate cake, try to buy a pastry and finish it off without storing it in the refrigerator. Likewise, do not keep tubs of ice cream in the freezer. Just buy a cup or two and eat it when you feel like eating.
Whenever you stand before your refrigerator, question yourself whether you are starving or you are just bored. Eat only when you are really hungry.
Buy clothes that are smaller in size and work towards fitting into them.
If you plan to go for a walk every morning but are having trouble doing it before work, check whether you can shift your work hours or get your walking at lunchtime or after work.
Constantly revisit the goals you have set for yourself and assess your progress regularly.
Evaluate which part of your goal is working well and which one is not working. Then rewrite your goals and plan accordingly.
Do not lose heart just because you have slipped up a few times. Think positively and keep encouraging yourself. Rewarding yourself whenever you succeed or meet your goals helps you stay motivated on the path to better health.
Last reviewed at:
06 Sep 2021 - 4 min read
Query: Hello doctor, I am a 23 year old obese boy. My weight is 110 kg and I feel myself unfit. I want to start practicing yoga for weight loss. But, I do not know anything about yoga. I want to know, how to meditate and relax our body and mind? Read Full »
Query: Hello doctor, I am 35 years old and I started dieting early last year. But it seems like my weight plateaued. I have been eating a low carb diet during weekdays and on Sundays, I eat the carbs that I want to eat. I work out 3 to 4 times a week. I sometimes sleep late. I have been on this schedule f... Read Full »
Query: Hello doctor, I am 171 cm tall, 38 years old, and 80 kg weight. Since the last one to five months, I have left wheat 80 % from my diet and following on average 1000 to 1500 calorie diet everyday. Initially, I lost weight from 80 to 78 kg in two weeks, but now I am stuck on 79 kg weight. I do not k... Read Full »
Most Popular Articles
Do you have a question on How To Lose Weight or Foods To Lose Weight?Ask a Doctor Online
The terms and conditions (hereinafter collectively referred to as, the "Terms of Service") set out herein shall be a legally binding Agreement between Orane Healthcare India Pvt. Ltd., a company incorporated under the Companies Act, 1956, having its registered office at No.174, Rangasamy Goundenpudur, Chinniyampalayam (PO), Coimbatore – 641062, Tamil Nadu, India (hereinafter interchangeably referred to as, "We" or "Us" or "Our" or the "Company" or "iCliniq"), and you (hereinafter referred to as, "You" or "Your"), as the Registered Doctor (defined below) or Registered Alternative Medicine Practitioner (defined below) or Wellness Professional (defined below) or User / Registered User (defined below) on the Platform (defined below) and/or the services offered through the Platform. The Platform is developed and maintained by the Company.
The Terms of Service shall govern your use of the Platform and its services offered through the Platform, therefore, please read and understand the Terms of Service before you access the services, view, download, install or Register with or use the Platform. If you are not agreeable to this Terms of Service, then you shall not access, view, download or install the Platform, or use the Platform or the services offered through the Platform, and if you are accessing, installing, using, or viewing the Platform, then you shall delete the account and desist from such accessing, using, installing or viewing the Platform.
PART – A
PART - B
PART - C
*Please check to continue futher