Q. How can panic attaks due to stress at work place be managed?

Dr. Ruhi Satija
Published on Dec 02, 2019 and last reviewed on: Dec 06, 2019

I am experiencing stress at the work place which causes me to have multiple panic attacks. I have file 3 EEO's, and gotten zero results, my previous psychiatrist just medicated me by tripling my dosage verses listening to me, I requested a diagnosis letter from her for my employer and she refused, I need some one who cares and can genuinely help me.

Dr. Ruhi Satija

Psychiatry
#

Workplace burnout is often unrecognized. When it becomes severe, it causes physical manifestation like anxiety, panic, body pains, feeling of boredom, lethargy, etc. I would suggest you to start counseling therapy sessions, there are specific techniques to combat burnout when learnt and applied will bring your stress level down. Mind body medicine integration is a great way to combat burnout. I need to know details of what exactly you are going through to be able to judge the exact strategies which would help you out in your situation. We can do it over online video session or you can start with a local therapist.

| 

I am getting severe panic attacks without any reason. Please help.

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 24 year old female. Recently, I had a breakup. Currently, I do not have a job and so, mentally I am feeling insecure. I am getting severe panic attacks for no reason. Even, I do not want to go out of my room. I feel sleepy all the time. Whenever I go out, I feel that I am going to...  Read Full »

What does the stress echo test taken for chest pain indicate?

Query: Hello doctor, For the past few weeks, my mother aged 65 is experiencing chest pain or slight discomfort only when she walked for a while. We consulted the medicine doctor and he recommended the stress echo test which we got done. The test comes out to be positive but not strongly positive. We need ...  Read Full »

What can cause panic attacks?

Query: Hi doctor, I have been having panic attacks for the past 13 years. I have been to the hospital on multiple occasions and have been diagnosed with anxiety attacks every time. I have had EKGs and blood work done. All the reports are fine. Sometimes, I am having multiple panic attacks in a day and also...  Read Full »