Panic Attack

Will codeine and Marijuana intake cause panic attack?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 22-year-old healthy male. Yesterday I had my first panic attack and it was severe and lasted long. I have ended up in the emergency room. But they just gave me a Diazepam and I was feeling good again, but they never told me what triggered and I am curious. Last night I drank 11...  Read Full »

Dr. Parth Nagda

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. It could be a combination of Marijuana, codeine, and beer. Also, regular use of Marijuana will cause panic attacks. It is just that the effects of whatever is taken regularly and do not show up immediately. Only chronic use of either smoking, alcohol or other drugs w...  Read Full »

Am I having panic attak because of anxiety?

Query: Hello doctor, I suffered from a horrible panic attack this morning which lasted over 5 hours and along with it I got painful cramps in my stomach similar to contraction pains and really bad chest pains, it felt like someone has physically squeezed my heart and I have seen my doctor about this previ...  Read Full »

Dr. Suresh Kumar G D

Child Health Specialist, Paediatrician, Psychiatrist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand that high levels of anxiety and panic attacks can be debilitating and needs to be properly managed. Your doctor is correct in informing you that Valium and Oxazepam are not appropriate in this situation as they will make the situation worse. If anxiety i...  Read Full »

Is an arachnoid cyst dangerous?

Query: Hello doctor, I want to know how bad or serious is type II (Galassi) arachnoid cyst located on the left temporal lobe? Can it be responsible for mood fluctuations, depression and/or panic attacks? There are no clear symptoms, but only mild depression (also had recent changes in life and my father ...  Read Full »

Dr. Devavrat Harihar Nene

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. There are no clear evidence in the literature favoring arachnoid cyst as a primary cause of any psychiatric disturbances. Having said that its size does affect the lobe functions if it is compressing it. So basically if you have symptoms that are not responding to the...  Read Full »

Will Xanax withdrawal result in anxiety symptoms?

Query: Hello doctor, My brother who is 25 years old has been suffering from anxiety for the past four years. His doctor put him on Effexor and Elavil. Both the medicine has to be taken daily in addition to Xanax. Lately, the anxiety has developed into full blown panic attacks, two of which resulted in a ...  Read Full »

Dr. Bharat Udey

Geriatrician, Psychiatrist, Sexologist, Sleep Medicine Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I can understand your concerns. From your description, it seems that your brother might have become dependent on Xanax (Alprazolam). Xanax belongs to Benzodiazepine group of drugs and is quite notorious for causing dependence if used for a longer period. Hence...  Read Full »

Is gelastic seizure dangerous?

Query: Hello doctor, An 18-year-old female lying in bed with no stimulus like TV and has a laughing fit. She cannot stop laughing, then could not breathe, so she had a panic attack and began crying. She has had similar situations about once per year for the last four to five years. Can this be a gelast...  Read Full »

Dr. Aida Quka

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I would like to know if she has strange behavior during all the time, fluctuations in her mood, sometimes cries and sometimes feels euphoric? If she stays alone time after time feeling depressive and other times trying to attract the other's attention, being euphoric...  Read Full »

I get intense palpitation and panic attacks. Do I have heart problem?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 23-year-old male. Two years ago, I had intense palpitations, and I was diagnosed with anxiety disorder. I had panic attacks, but then I was able to recover by myself. From a few days, I had two panic attacks. And I am afraid if this is anxiety, or if my diagnosis was wrong as if...  Read Full »

Dr. Ruhi Satija

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Panic attacks often mimic a heart attack. In fact one of the common differential diagnosis for panic attack is cardiac arrest. If it is happening often it is advisable to get an ECG (electrocardiogram) done. Please tell me from last how many days are you taking anti-...  Read Full »

I have constant fight or flight feeling. Is it due to panic attack?

Query: Hi doctor, I have what I believe is a panic disorder. I have episodes where my stress gets too high something gets triggered and I felt stuck in constant fight or flight like a constant panic attack which lasts for atleast 2 months. Sometimes I can be calm in the evening but the next morning the pa...  Read Full »

Dr. Suresh Kumar G D

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You are probably experiencing high levels of anxiety and panic symptoms which make you feel edgy and finding it difficult to relax. Physiological signs of sympathetic nervous system activation can happen in anxiety and panic disorders. Alcohol does not help and can ...  Read Full »

How to deal with public anxiousness after using MDMA?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 21-year-old male. I keep getting high anxiety and sometimes have anxiety and panic attacks when around a lot of people. I work in a supermarket so I am around a lot of people all the time and interact with a lot of people. Over a year ago, I was sectioned in a psychiatric hosp...  Read Full »

Dr. Ravi M Soni

Geriatrician, Psychiatrist, Psychologist Counsellor, Sexologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have understood your query. You have been using drugs previously and after that, you have been diagnosed and treated for drug-induced psychosis. So as per my opinion, even you are better without drugs for so long. You should not try those drugs again because you h...  Read Full »

Will panic attack leads to numbness in the body?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 28-year-old male. For the past two months, I am having episodes of undermentioned symptoms: My arms start getting numb, then this numbness spreads to the scalp, face, then chest, abdomen and so on to legs and feet. I have had such episodes for 25-30 minutes about seven to eigh...  Read Full »

Dr. Amit Arora

Cardiologist, Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your symptoms seem to be more psychological related as these kinds of episode of widespread numbness not seems to be associated with any other medical condition. Moreover, all your medical reports are normal nor did you suffer from any kind of medical problem. So...  Read Full »

How to overcome fear of death and become normal?

Query: Hello doctor, I have always struggled with anxiety, depression, and panic attacks. I have several phobias and have recently acquired a new one, fear of death. I cannot stop thinking about it and it is seriously interfering with my life. I have trouble getting up in the mornings and going to work, I...  Read Full »

Dr. Kumarshri Shriniwas Saraswat

Psychiatrist, Psychologist Counsellor, Psychotherapist, Sexologist, Sleep Medicine Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your current symptoms of difficulty in waking up and loss of interest in work, with severe anxiety, is indicative of clinical depression. What you describe as death phobia involves obsessive thinking about death. So, it is more likely to be a symptom of OCD (obsessiv...  Read Full »