Panic Attack

What should I do to help my chest tightness?

Query: Hello doctor,I have a tight banding sensation around my upper torso, chest, and neck, that came on suddenly 24 years ago and has never gone away. The intensity rises and falls, but the sensation itself never goes away. It is always there whether I am active or at rest, asleep or awake.I have had x-r...  Read Full »

Dr. Hitesh Kumar

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I would like to know some further details about your symptoms: Does this banding sensation happens in the whole chest, or only in the upper part of the chest, or only in the lower part of the chest? Do you have any neck pain or upper back pain also? Do you have as...  Read Full »

I have frequent pain in shoulders, arms, legs, and chest. Is it due to anxiety?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 34 year old man. My weight is 22 stone, but I am pretty active despite my weight. I am neither easily fatigued from being active nor do I ever feel breathless other than normal. There is no history of peripheral artery disease in my family or coronary artery disease and to my knowl...  Read Full »

Dr. Rishu

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. It is good to see your detailed history for which I have asked for. Firstly, your ECG is perfectly normal. For anything to be wrong in case of ECG, the changes should be present in at least two consecutive leads at a time. In your case whether it is a T-wave or Q, it ...  Read Full »

What causes symptoms like bowel problems, palpitations, dizziness, blackout vision, etc.?

Query: Hello doctor, While getting up from sleep in the morning vertigo, and fatigue occurs. After my first bowel movement I pass gas and feels the urge for second bowel movement again. While passing of gas, sometimes I get palpitations, pins and needles over belly area, flickering on buttocks occurs. Ve...  Read Full »

Dr. Hitesh Kumar

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I would like to know some details about your symptoms. Since when you started to have symptoms? What exactly you feel in vertigo, visualizing spinning of surroundings object around you, or feels spinning of your head inside, blurred vision, blackening in front of e...  Read Full »

What is the reason for having shortness of breath when lying on the left side of the body?

Query: Shortness of breathing whenever I lay on bed on my left side. Panicking when I think of some problem followed by shortness of breathing.  Read Full »

Dr. Sosela Rrusho

Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand your concern and I wish you are doing well. To give you a more accurate answer I need to know more about your complaints. Do you have any chest pain or other complains? The symptoms that you describe can come from different causes: 1. Cardiac conditio...  Read Full »

Are panic attack patients more prone to heart atttack?

Query: Hello doctor, I just wanted to know the difference between a panic attack or anxiety and a heart attack. I have been feeling some sort of difference in my heart region, no pain, or no breathing issues. I am experiencing the feeling that something really bad is happening to me, feeling as though I a...  Read Full »

Dr. Sugreev Singh

Internal Medicine Physician, General Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Panic attack is when something disturbing happens in life and suddenly you become hyperactive like what I should do now. You worry a lot and then there is an increase in body activity. In some case, you may have heart attack when you have some existing heart problem alo...  Read Full »

How long does it take to become normal after a panic attack?

Query: Hi doctor,Last night, I had a bad panic attack with shortness of breath, shaking, heart racing and chest pains. Today, I have chest soreness and discomfort. Is this normal? When will it stop? I have anxiety and I am prone to anxiety attacks, but none with chest pain. I am on regular Zoloft 75 mg.  Read Full »

Dr. Rishu

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Fast heart rate (palpitations), chest pain or heaviness and breathing difficulty are all observed during a panic attack. These are classical symptoms of panic disorder. Sertraline is a selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor given in panic attacks. A panic attack may take ...  Read Full »

Why do I always feel hopeless and nervous?

Query: Hi doctor, I am having really bad anxiety. I have a feeling of hopelessness and fear of the unknown. I have been diagnosed with depression when I was younger and have been to a mental institute once. I just feel like being around no one. I am irritable and have tremors. It has been happening about t...  Read Full »

Dr. Vijay Niranjan

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand your concerns. You are describing episodes of panic attacks in which one feels intense anxiety, fear of impending doom, racing or sinking heart, dizziness, breathlessness, numbness, dry mouth, tremors, etc. Mostly, panic attacks are part of psychological orig...  Read Full »

Is it advisable to take Ativan 0.5 mg for a prolonged period?

Query: Hello doctor, I cannot get in touch with my current psychiatrist until next month, and I have a concern that needs to be addressed as soon as possible. I have been prescribed Ativan 0.5 mg four months back. At the time, I was dealing with severe anxiety and panic attacks. Hence, I have prescribed th...  Read Full »

Dr. Vishal Anilkumar Gandhi

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Thank you for your reply. I can understand your situation. You have an anxiety disorder. It is fine to take medication because you have anxiety. You can stop your Ativan in the future. You can taper off gradually, and it will not lead you to any withdrawal or relaps...  Read Full »

What do symptoms like tense feel in chest, rapid heartbeat, nausea, and fear of death indicate?

Query: Hello doctor, For the past several months, I have been experiencing random episodes of feeling tense, especially in the chest. My heart beat becomes pronounced and I can feel it in my chest and sometimes in my neck or arms. The next day it seems silly but during that time it is scary. It completely...  Read Full »

Dr. Zubayeralam

Family Physician, General Medicine Physician, General Practitioner, Pulmonologist, Internal Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I can understand your concern. According to your statement, you have been suffering from tense feel in the chest with a rapid heartbeat, nausea, and fear of death. According to your description, you may suffer from anxiety disorders. From the episodes you experienced, ...  Read Full »

Please suggest medicines for my newly developed panic attack.

Query: My age is 48, I was a very active person before Covid. I was in lock down, didn't go out of the house unless highly necessary. recently I have developed panic and anxiety disorder for the last two months (on and off, 12-15 episodes or so). I may have depression, but it has never affected me in an...  Read Full »

Dr. Vishal Anilkumar Gandhi

Answer: thank you for taking help from a psychiatrist. Prozac and Zoloft both medications belong to the same group (SSRI) for depression /anxiety/panic attack. sometimes it depends upon the patient. some patient responds well to Zoloft and someone responds well to Prozac. if you are feeling well on Prozac t...  Read Full »