Panic Attack

What do symptoms like tense feel in chest, rapid heartbeat, nausea, and fear of death indicate?

Query: Hello doctor, For the past several months, I have been experiencing random episodes of feeling tense, especially in the chest. My heart beat becomes pronounced and I can feel it in my chest and sometimes in my neck or arms. The next day it seems silly but during that time it is scary. It completely...  Read Full »

Dr. Zubayeralam

Family Physician, General Medicine Physician, General Practitioner, Pulmonologist, Internal Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I can understand your concern. According to your statement, you have been suffering from tense feel in the chest with a rapid heartbeat, nausea, and fear of death. According to your description, you may suffer from anxiety disorders. From the episodes you experienced, ...  Read Full »

Please suggest medicines for my newly developed panic attack.

Query: My age is 48, I was a very active person before Covid. I was in lock down, didn't go out of the house unless highly necessary. recently I have developed panic and anxiety disorder for the last two months (on and off, 12-15 episodes or so). I may have depression, but it has never affected me in an...  Read Full »

Dr. Vishal Anilkumar Gandhi

Answer: thank you for taking help from a psychiatrist. Prozac and Zoloft both medications belong to the same group (SSRI) for depression /anxiety/panic attack. sometimes it depends upon the patient. some patient responds well to Zoloft and someone responds well to Prozac. if you are feeling well on Prozac t...  Read Full »

What could be the reason for spinning vision in my left eye?

Query: Hello doctor, I have noticed that sometimes I see rotating or spinning fan-type things on my left side of vision. It looks like two dots of spinning fans or something rotating in my left side vision. It happens for a few seconds, like 20 to 30 seconds, and then my vision becomes normal. I feel diz...  Read Full »

Dr. Aida Quka

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your symptoms could be related to a panic attack. Anyway, I would recommend consulting an ophthalmologist to exclude an eye disorder, because it happens only on one side. A brain MRI may be necessary, too, as the left side vision is controlled by the right brain ...  Read Full »

I am an anxiety patient and using Mirtazapine. How long can I continue this?

Query: Hello doctor,I am an anxiety patient with 80 kg weight and 5.5 height. I am using the Mirtazapine tablet for a year. I have withdrawn it some times but faced some panic attacks. Please suggest to me how long I can continue this?  Read Full »

Dr. Suresh Kumar G D

Child Health Specialist, Paediatrician, Psychiatrist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. 1. Mirtazapine is an effective antidepressant medicine used to treat depression and anxiety disorders. 2. What dose are you taking? It can usually be from 15 mg to 45 mg depending on response and tolerability. 3. You need to take it daily for at least six months to...  Read Full »

Is it wise to switch to Xanax instead of Klonopin?

Query: Hello doctor I am taking Klonopin 1 mg daily, but I still have anxiety and panic attacks. I tried other medicines like Lexapro and Prozac. I do not want to be on medications at all, so I decided to keep Klonopin for now. I want to know if I can use CBD oil with Klonopin. I do not want to try any SS...  Read Full »

Dr. Vishal Anilkumar Gandhi

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I can understand your situation. Please do not lose your hope. Everything will be fine. You will not get a withdrawal of Klonopin if you taper off properly. If you stop the medication abruptly, then you must get withdrawal. You are on 1 mg of Klonopin for the past o...  Read Full »

Can anxiety cause high D-dimer levels?

Query: Hello doctor, I have been having some shortness of breath. I am really bad with panic attacks. Routine blood work shows D-dimmer still elevated after eight months. Last year, the results were in a normal range under 230 in the hospital. A few months later after I had a stillbirth, it was elevated t...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. D-dimer test is used to exclude deep vein thrombosis like thrombotic disorder.  Your D-dimer value (fibrin degradation product) is slightly high.  If clinically and from other investigations, thrombosis is not present then other causes for high false positive D-dimer...  Read Full »

Can Midazolam be used for severe panic attacks?

Query: I have a friend who had severe panic attacks last week. She keeps weeping and doesn't sleep or eat much. She's a bit better now but a doctor prescribed midazolam for her. I think this medication might be not right for her. I'm greatly worried so please tell me if this prescription is right or not  Read Full »

Dr. Vishal Anilkumar Gandhi

Answer: thank you for taking help from a psychiatrist. I can understand your situation. You seem to be a good person who is so much concern about your friend. Yes, midazolam can be used for anxiety but it is not frequently used for anxiety. There many other good medications for anxiety with lesser side effe...  Read Full »

Can Cymbalta be used for symptoms of OCD?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 32 year old man. I have been experiencing panic disorder, OCD symptoms and excessive levels of anxiety. In the last few months, major changes in my life have happened. For instance; quitting my job and moving to another city triggered my anxiety symptoms. I usually feel drowned in ...  Read Full »

Dr. Abhijeet Deshmukh

Psychiatrist, Psychotherapist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Thank you for describing your query in detail. To start with, you might be absolutely right in saying that the current increase in your anxiety and associated feelings could be secondary to the change of place. Change of residence and workplace is always an anxiety-provok...  Read Full »

Are panic attack patients more prone to heart atttack?

Query: Hello doctor, I just wanted to know the difference between a panic attack or anxiety and a heart attack. I have been feeling some sort of difference in my heart region, no pain, or no breathing issues. I am experiencing the feeling that something really bad is happening to me, feeling as though I a...  Read Full »

Dr. Sugreev Singh

Internal Medicine Physician, General Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Panic attack is when something disturbing happens in life and suddenly you become hyperactive like what I should do now. You worry a lot and then there is an increase in body activity. In some case, you may have heart attack when you have some existing heart problem alo...  Read Full »

Have to interact with people but my fear remains an obstacle. Will you suggest any solution?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 30 years old. I do not like being in public. I do not do anything fun. I have a thought that always people in my surroundings are looking at me. So I would rather be at home. I do not like using the phone. I am taking Klonopin 2 mg 3 times a day. But I am not taking it now as I am...  Read Full »

Dr. Nidhi Jain Bukharia

General Practitioner, Psychiatrist, Psychologist Counsellor, Sexologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You are suffering from panic attacks with agoraphobia (fear to go to public place). You are taking Benzodiazepine (Klonopin-Clonazepam) of very high dose. Continue it but should take it occasionally only, as high chance of dependence is there. You should start an antid...  Read Full »