Panic Attack

How to fix hip, knee and back pain due to frequent masturbation?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 22-year-old male. I have been getting hips, legs, knees, and back pain issues when masturbating. I usually masturbate four to five times a week, sometimes I can go two to three days without masturbating. I have cracking noises in my hips and knees and my quad muscles feel over...  Read Full »

Dr. Penchala Prasad Kandikattu

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Sorry about your health condition. Masturbation usually may not cause weakness or muscle problems. So do not worry, the possible causes for your problem is 1. Panic attacks or anxiety which lead to increased tension in muscles. 2. Hypocalcemia. 3. Fibromyalgia. ...  Read Full »

I get chills and feel frozen even with a slight cold breeze. What is my problem?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 23-year-old female. I have severe chills that I needed to wear thick sweaters and jackets at home without AC or fan. I do not feel the heat. And just cold water or slight cold breeze in the morning makes my head frozen or close to shutting down and it is getting worse. It always s...  Read Full »

Dr. Zubayeralam

Family Physician, General Medicine Physician, General Practitioner, Pulmonologist, Internal Medicine Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I can understand your concern. According to your statement, you have been suffering from severe chills that you needed to wear thick warm clothes at home without AC or fan in summer now. Chills are the sensation of feeling cold. Chills are caused by rapid muscle con...  Read Full »

Are panic attacks and intrusive thoughts symptoms of porn addiction withdrawal?

Query: Hi, Kindly help me out I am a psychiatric patient diagnosed with generalized anxiety disorder who is on 1. Fluoxamine 150 mg 2. Risperidone 1 mg 3. Clonazepam 0.5 mg I use to watch porn most of the times in a day for about 18 years . I left it recently about 15 days ago and not feeli...  Read Full »

Dr. Vishal Anilkumar Gandhi

Answer: thank you for taking help from psychiatrist. if you are suffering from anxiety disorder than why do you take tablet risperidone? tablet riaperidone is antipsychotic and mainly use for psychotic symptoms.if you have not any psychotic symptoms than you can stop it. you have watched porn for a years t...  Read Full »

Is it normal to get panic attacks and anxiety about being home alone?

Query: I m doing PhD recent times I m getting panic attack and anxiety sudden and I m fear of being alone in home my mind always think some things bad will happen to me I m trying to concentrate myself on other activities I m not able to concentrate suddenly I feel racing my heart beat and difficult in bre...  Read Full »

Dr. Mustafa Ibrahim

Answer: Thank you for using our website, First of all,there are two scenarios for your cases.The first scenario is you could have faced a stressful situation and this situation has triggered the panic attack.The situation may have appeared trivial,but it could pointed to an important events in your childhoo...  Read Full »

Is it advisable to reduce the dose of Stalopam and Clonafit, if symptoms reduced drastically?

Query: Hello doctor, I am suffering from panic disorder for the past four months. Initially, when I got my first panic attack, I just suffered without taking medical help since I am frightened to take medicine. This made matters worse and I started to have almost regular panic attacks followed by mild de...  Read Full »

Dr. Suresh Kumar G D

Child Health Specialist, Paediatrician, Psychiatrist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. It is good to know that you are feeling better and the medication have been helpful. Regarding your query about medication, it is advisable to continue Stalopam 10 mg (Escitalopram) for at least six months even if you are feeling better. Stalopam is an SSRI (selectiv...  Read Full »

How to deal with phobia of closed spaces and breathing problems?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 19 years old. I am facing some kind of fear from about six to seven years. I thought it naturally demolish with the time but now it is increasing day by day. Before I have the only fear of suffocation and inclosed space like jet, lift, etc. Now from about two months, I am facing ...  Read Full »

Dr. Arooj Najmussaqib

Psychologist Counsellor

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Yes, you are experiencing panic-related symptoms under anxiety issues. As you have shared of phobia. It requires adequate counseling and brief psychotherapy to deal with anxiety problems. The symptoms you are experiencing are part of panic attack. Feelings and symptoms ...  Read Full »

What are the causes of panic attacks?

Query: Hi doctor, I have been having panic attacks for the past 13 years. I have been to the hospital on multiple occasions and have been diagnosed with anxiety attacks every time. I have had EKGs and blood work done. All the reports are fine. Sometimes, I am having multiple panic attacks in a day and also...  Read Full »

Psychiatrist, Sexologist, Psychotherapist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. For panic attacks and persistent anxiety, there is a need to get a medical checkup done. Hyperthyroidism, cardiac issues like angina, etc., could cause increased risk of panic attacks. So, if the panic attacks are persistent, then get one ECG done to rule out heart cause...  Read Full »

How do I control my anxiety?

Query: Hi doctor, I have a question dealing with a disorder that I have had for a long time now. I am suffering with severe anxiety. I want to know that in what way can I handle my bad anxiety. I have tried many methods to deal with my anxiety, but nothing much is changing. I recently started to wonder if ...  Read Full »

Dr. J Mariano Anto Bruno Mascarenhas

Family Physician, General Practitioner, Neuro Surgeon, Neurologist, Spine Health Specialist, Spine Surgeon

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand that you are suffering with severe anxiety and panic attacks. Our brain is designed in such a way that we react to external signals and stimuli. Our reaction depends on the stimuli. If the stimuli are less, then we react less and if the stimuli are more,...  Read Full »

SSRI is not helping with my bipolar disorder and panic attacks. Why?

Query: Hello doctor, I have bipolar disorder, panic attacks, social and generalized anxiety disorder. I have one to three panic attacks per day, constant anxiety, and fear of leaving the house. No motivation to work, no energy, apathetic, without mood. Right now I am in a depressive episode. I previousl...  Read Full »

Dr. Parth Nagda

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. If your anxiety is not responsive to SSRI's (selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors), then you should consider trying TCA (tricyclic antidepressants) class of antidepressants. They will help with your anxiety and panic attacks. Apart from Tranxene and Benzodiazepin...  Read Full »

Why do I get a panic attack while wearing wire retainers?

Query: Hello doctor, I have to wear wire retainers and every time I put them in I have a panic attack and break into tears. I do not know what I should do.  Read Full »

Dr. Beryl Fredrick

Dentist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Retainers are worn in two situations. Post-braces treatment or for minor teeth alignment correction. If you are wearing this after braces treatment, there are two other types of retainers which you can opt for. 1. Fixed wire retainers. 2. Essix retainers (clear pl...  Read Full »