Panic Attack

A panic attack is a sensation of fear that occurs without warning in the body. It occurs at any time in the day, but it often occurs during sleep. The symptoms are chest pain, loss of control in the body, increased heartbeat, tingling or numbness in the body, and breathing difficulties. Usually, it lasts for ten minutes, but it cal also occur for a long time. It can occur during diabetes, heart disease, hyperthyroidism, asthma, and irritable bowel disease. It is treated by taking selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors and Benzodiazepines. Doing deep breathing exercises regularly helps to provide some relief.

Recently Answered Questions Recently Answered Questions

All the answers published in this website are written by Verified medical doctors, therapists and health experts. The Content has been moderated by iCliniq medical review team before publication. Post your medical clarifications on iCliniq by choosing the right specialty and get them answered. Your medical queries will be answered 24/7 by top doctors from iCliniq.

What symptoms can I expect when I stop taking Fluoxetine?

Query: Hello doctor, I have taken three pills of Fluoxetine 10 mg across three days. I decided to discontinue it. When should I start worrying about the withdrawal symptoms? Will it be severe? I am currently taking multivitamins. Please suggest.  Read Full »

Dr. Sagar Ramesh Makode

Answer: Hello, Welcome to The likelihood of developing withdrawal symptoms is very less, as you received it for a very short duration,and also since it has a longer half-life. You may have nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, headaches, light-headedness, dizziness, diminished appetite, sweating, chills...  Read Full »

I always tend to overthink and imagine the worst. Do I have a disorder?

Query: Hello doctor, I always overthink things that are really impossible to happen, and I feel it becomes a reality. I start to panic and feel like I am going to be crazy at any time. I feel like there is no safe place to go, and I am shaking. It feels like I forgot to breathe. I cannot even focus on my t...  Read Full »

Dr. Prashanth. B

Answer: Hello, Welcome to I understand your concerns. Your panic attacks can be controlled by medication. The underlying cause of panic attacks needs to be evaluated. It can be that you were exposed to a lot of stress in the early years of your life while escaping from the burning house, et...  Read Full »

How to overcome my irritation, confusion, mood swings, and body stiffness due to marijuana and drug abuse?

Query: Hello doctor,I used marijuana for two years and used other drugs after that. Due to which I got a panic attack five years back. Now I have constipation due to depression. I do not have celiac disease and anemia. All my test reports are normal. I eat tablet Venlafaxine 150 mg twice daily, tablet Preg...  Read Full »

Dr. Vishal Anilkumar Gandhi

Answer: Hi,Welcome to have a major depressive disorder. There is non-pharmacological management for it, you should try to follow the below guidelines to deal with it. 1. Exercises daily for 30 to 45 minutes in the gym, go for a walk, or swim to boost your confidence. It will help you to deal...  Read Full »

Why do I feel suffocated, with my left arm feeling numb, and my heart feeling weird even though my heart rate and blood pressure are normal?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 18-year-old female. My height is 5 feet 5 inches, and my weight is 149 lbs. Sometimes, I feel suffocated, my left arm feels numb, and my heart feels weird even though my blood pressure and heart rate are normal. Currently, I am using tablet Sumatriptan for migraine. Are my sympt...  Read Full »

Dr. Arpit Varshney

Answer: Hello, Welcome to I understand your concern. You had an anxiety attack. I suggest the below treatment plan: Tablet Escitalopram 10 mg at night. Tablet Duloxetine 20 mg in the morning. There is nothing to worry about, and you will be completely fine after using these medications. ...  Read Full »

I have panic attacks, and I am worried if it is related to a heart problem. Please help.

Query: Hi doctor, Before, I used to feel tension and panic. I also got panic attacks. Since then, I have been experiencing all these symptoms. Is this anything heart-related? I am taking capsule Betacap TR 20 mg and tablet Nexito Plus 5 mg. Please help me. Thank you.  Read Full »

Dr. Vivek Pillai

Answer: Hi,Welcome to The echo is normal, and the echocardiogram is of sinus tachycardia, very much in line with panic or anxiety. Still, I would suggest a thyroid profile as thyroid disorders closely mimic panic attacks.Regards.  Read Full »

I experience problems related to vision in stressful situations. Why does it happen to me?

Query: Hello doctor, I have been through many traumatic events. I believe that my brain is not the same as before. I had an episode of migraine once. My vision goes bright and wonky during stressful situations. It feels like I am in a television show and watching my life, not through my eyes. My vision is ...  Read Full »

Dr. Hitesh Kumar

Answer: Hello, Welcome to I would like to know more about your eye symptoms. Therefore, please provide more information regarding the following: Do things look blurred at that time? Do you see things rotating around you? Do you see blackening in front of your eyes? How long do such symptoms...  Read Full »

Why do I feel a sudden adrenaline rush, pressure, odd sensation, and pain on the left side of my head?

Query: Hello doctor,Since yesterday I have been having weird rushes of adrenaline in my head and some odd sensations on the left side of my head. I am worried about having temporal lobe seizures. The sudden rush to my head is followed by pressure or a slight ache to the side of my head. I also have frequen...  Read Full »

Dr. Aida Abaz Quka

Answer: Hello, Welcome to Your symptoms could be related to high blood pressure values or panic attacks. Temporal lobe epilepsy cannot be excluded either. For this reason, I recommend closely monitoring your blood pressure values and checking complete blood count and thyroid hormone levels fo...  Read Full »

Is it acceptable for a person with an anxiety disorder to drink occasionally?

Query: Hi doctor, I have anxiety and panic disorder for the past five years, for which I was taking antidepressants. I have stopped taking antidepressants for more than eight months as I started feeling well. I drink alcohol occasionally. Is there any chance of anxiety disorder relapsing? Can I drink occas...  Read Full »

Dr. Ramchandra Lamba

Answer: Hi, Welcome to It is good that you do not have any symptoms even after stopping the medicines eight months back. There is always a chance that panic disorder and anxiety relapse. So you have to be careful and watchful that if any previous symptoms reappear or any new symptoms arise, ...  Read Full »

I feel depressed, anxious get panic attacks and have a suicidal tendency. What should I do?

Query: Hi doctor,I feel depressed, anxious and I get panic attacks. I have a suicidal tendency too.I do not find a purpose in my life. I tried several times to start it fresh but in the end, it comes to the same suicidal tendency.   Read Full »

Dr. Vishal Anilkumar Gandhi

Answer: Hi,Welcome to you for taking help from a psychiatrist. I can understand your situation.You may have an anxiety disorder. There is non-pharmacological management for it. You should try to follow the below guidelines to deal with it. It will help you.You should do exercises daily for...  Read Full »

Suffering from anxiety, and panic attacks for the last 3 years. Need second opinion on the prescription.

Query: Dear Doctor, I am suffering from anxiety and panic attacks for the last 3 years. I went to a neurologist 2 years back and he advised me to take REXIPRA 10 for 3 months, SOLTUS 50 for 6 months, HEMIDAP PLUS for 9 months & ZEPAM .5 for 12 months. Upon following these medications, I was improvin...  Read Full »

Dr. Ashok Kumar Choudhary

Answer: Hi, Welcome to I read your query and understood your concern. As per your diagnosis of anxiety and panic attacks, there should be no doubt whether you need neurologist or psychiatrist. Both these conditions come under the domain of psychiatrist and they are more able to treat these ...  Read Full »

ask-doctor-img Ask a Doctor Online

* Your first query consult is free!

Search for a Health Issue

Disclaimer: No content published on this website is intended to be a substitute for professional medical diagnosis, advice or treatment by a trained physician. Seek advice from your physician or other qualified healthcare providers with questions you may have regarding your symptoms and medical condition for a complete medical diagnosis. Do not delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice because of something you have read on this website. Read our Editorial Process to know how we create content for health articles and queries.