Panic Attack

How to overcome fear of death and become normal?

Query: Hello doctor, I have always struggled with anxiety, depression, and panic attacks. I have several phobias and have recently acquired a new one, fear of death. I cannot stop thinking about it and it is seriously interfering with my life. I have trouble getting up in the mornings and going to work, I...  Read Full »

Dr. Kumarshri Shriniwas Saraswat

Psychiatrist, Psychologist Counsellor, Psychotherapist, Sexologist, Sleep Medicine Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your current symptoms of difficulty in waking up and loss of interest in work, with severe anxiety, is indicative of clinical depression. What you describe as death phobia involves obsessive thinking about death. So, it is more likely to be a symptom of OCD (obsessiv...  Read Full »

I have stress at the work place which causes multiple panic attacks. Please advise.

Query: Hello doctor, I am experiencing stress at the work place which causes me to have multiple panic attacks. I have file 3 EEO's, and gotten zero results, my previous psychiatrist just medicated me by tripling my dosage verses listening to me, I requested a diagnosis letter from her for my employer an...  Read Full »

Dr. Ruhi Satija

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Workplace burnout is often unrecognized. When it becomes severe, it causes physical manifestation like anxiety, panic, body pains, feeling of boredom, lethargy, etc. I would suggest you to start counseling therapy sessions, there are specific techniques to combat burno...  Read Full »

What could be the cause for sudden palpitation and dizziness?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 20 years old. At work, I had an episode of my heart started racing out of the blue. I could feel it pounding in my chest, and it made it feel like I was choking. I got very dizzy and thought I might faint, and started sweating. It only lasted about five minutes. I have issues wit...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. There are various reasons for having palpitations along with dizziness. The most important one is an abnormal heart rate or rhythm which starts suddenly and terminates abruptly. This could be detected by different monitors that you can carry with you, these devices c...  Read Full »

Why is there discomfort in right hip joint and knee after lumbar puncture?

Query: Hello doctor, My son is 17 years old. He has delayed learning. I am at the hospital for the last two weeks and they do not have an answer as to what is wrong with my son. MRI will be done on Monday. My son has IOP and ICP and due to his recent laser diode for glaucoma and LP, the result showed th...  Read Full »

Dr. Aida Quka

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand your concern and would explain that his symptoms could be related to joint pain or musculoskeletal pain. For this reason, I would recommend performing some tests to investigate possible causes. 1. Complete blood count, PCR (polymerase chain reaction),...  Read Full »

Can anxiety cause high D-dimer levels?

Query: Hello doctor, I have been having some shortness of breath. I am really bad with panic attacks. Routine blood work shows D-dimmer still elevated after eight months. Last year, the results were in a normal range under 230 in the hospital. A few months later after I had a stillbirth, it was elevated t...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. D-dimer test is used to exclude deep vein thrombosis like thrombotic disorder.  Your D-dimer value (fibrin degradation product) is slightly high.  If clinically and from other investigations, thrombosis is not present then other causes for high false positive D-dimer...  Read Full »

Is 5 mg Xanax a minimal dose for panic attack?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 28-year-old male. I have diagnosed with anxiety and panic attacks and prescribed 5 mg of Xanax daily dose for eight years. My last anxiety symptoms were two years ago, and my last panic attack was last year while eight years ago, I had a panic attack daily. Is 5 mg daily Xanax ...  Read Full »

Psychiatrist, Sexologist, Psychotherapist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Xanax 0.5 mg dose is not high. The drug is a rapid action Benzodiazepine drug and helps to reduce the anxiety symptoms. Abrupt stoppage of a drug after regularly taking for years might lead to withdrawal symptoms and precipitation of panic and insomnia. So it is advisa...  Read Full »

My anxiety is worsened after using Klonopin and having panic attacks in the morning. Why?

Query: Hello doctor, I have been diagnosed with major depressive disorder and take both Prozac and Wellbutrin daily. I also have extreme anxiety and take Klonopin. Lately, my anxiety has worsened to the point that the Klonopin does not help like it once did. I wake up almost every morning having a panic a...  Read Full »

Dr. Suresh Kumar G D

Child Health Specialist, Paediatrician, Psychiatrist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Anxiety disorder and related panic attacks are best managed by a combination of medication and psychological therapy like CBT. Prozac (Fluoxetine) is effective not only against depression but also helps with anxiety. Discuss with your doctor whether you are on the opti...  Read Full »

I am an anxiety patient and using Mirtazapine. How long can I continue this?

Query: Hello doctor,I am an anxiety patient with 80 kg weight and 5.5 height. I am using the Mirtazapine tablet for a year. I have withdrawn it some times but faced some panic attacks. Please suggest to me how long I can continue this?  Read Full »

Dr. Suresh Kumar G D

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. 1. Mirtazapine is an effective antidepressant medicine used to treat depression and anxiety disorders. 2. What dose are you taking? It can usually be from 15 mg to 45 mg depending on response and tolerability. 3. You need to take it daily for at least six months to...  Read Full »

Had Oxycodone with alcohol and ended up with worst panic attack. Could Oxycodone affect brain?

Query: Hi doctor, I took Oxycodone and mixed it with alcohol two months ago. I did not drink a lot but ended up with the worst panic attack. I did not go to the hospital. A week later, everything was fine, but I had some stressful events in my life. Now, I am experiencing anxiety, and it is not controllab...  Read Full »

Dr. Amritagarwal

Pharmacologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. It is not due to Oxycodone because its plasma half-life is 4 to 5 hours. It is completely eliminated or metabolized by the body after 12 hours, so there is no question of the previous drug causing such anxiety episodes. I would suggest you consult a physician or to tak...  Read Full »

I feel shock in my head on having Paxidep 12.5. Is this due to the side effect of the drug?

Query: Hello doctor,I am taking Paxidep 12.5 daily from last one and half year as prescribed by the doctor. It cures my uncontrolled thought and panic attacks. Now sometime I feel shocks in my head. I also want to know that, is there any side effect of this medicine after long time use?  Read Full »

Dr. K V Anand

Psychiatrist, Psychologist Counsellor, Sexologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Paxidep-Cr 12.5 mg tablet is a medicine that belongs to the selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors (SSRI) group. It is used for the treatment of depression, obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD), panic disorder, and other anxiety disorders. There are many side effects...  Read Full »