Common "Panic Attack" queries answered by top doctors | iCliniq

Panic Attack

A panic attack is a sensation of fear that occurs without warning in the body. It occurs at any time in the day, but it often occurs during sleep. The symptoms are chest pain, loss of control in the body, increased heartbeat, tingling or numbness in the body, and breathing difficulties. Usually, it lasts for ten minutes, but it cal also occur for a long time. It can occur during diabetes, heart disease, hyperthyroidism, asthma, and irritable bowel disease. It is treated by taking selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors and Benzodiazepines. Doing deep breathing exercises regularly helps to provide some relief.