Q. I am having sudden nausea in 29th week of pregnancy. How can I feel better?

Dr. Uzma Arqam

I am 29 weeks pregnant. From the last two days, I am not feeling good. There is sudden nausea. The baby movement is fine but I am not able to eat anything because of nausea and frequent urination. Burning feet is also there accompanied by gas and constipation.

#

Vomiting is more usual in the first trimester. In the second and third trimester, it is less usual and can be due to a urine infection.

Have urinalysis and urine culture. If it comes positive for infection, you need antibiotics.

Have a strict check on thyroid as well. It should be normal and have recurrent checkups.

Have plenty of water and cranberry juice to prevent/have relief from a urine infection.

I suggest you have tablet Cyclizine 50 mg eight hourly before 45 minutes of taking food.

Have small frequent meals of your choice that you like nowadays and you can have easily like juices, soups, soft diet but homemade.

Have walk daily and try to have diet properly with a tablet as improper diet habits cause digestive problems.

Have Calcium on alternate days for few days till you have relief from these symptoms.

Check thyroid level and consult a maternal medicine specialist if abnormal for readjustment of the dose of Thyroxine.

Check urine reports with a gynecologist.

For more information consult an obstetrician and gynaecologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/obstetrician-and-gynaecologist

|