Paranoia

I get paranoid and scared when I am alone in a dark room. What should I do?

Query: Hello doctor, If my wife sleeps before me, I get paranoid and then cannot sleep till morning. I am generally paranoid when I am alone or in dark, otherwise. everything is normal with me. When I was a kid around 6 years old, I was attacked by a relative who was supposed to be possessed by a ghost. ...  Read Full »

Dr. Aditya Gupta

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The best option is to consult a psychiatrist or clinical psychologist in-person, for a detailed evaluation. CBT (cognitive behavioral therapy) can then be used for treatment. Practice relaxation techniques like breathing exercises daily. PMR (progressive muscle ...  Read Full »

Is it necessary to change antidepressants if the symptoms persist even after increasing the dose?

Query: Hi doctor, I have had delusions and paranoia in the past due to marihuana use. I have had problems with depression and bipolar symptoms due to substance abuse. It has been two weeks that I increased Fluoxetine from 20 mg to 40 mg and Aripiprazole from 10 mg to 15mg. I switched tobacco smoke to IQOS...  Read Full »

Dr. Anjali Viswanath

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. From what you mentioned, I understand that you are on these medications and are concerned about continuing therapy. It is always better to continue treatment. There will be a relapse of symptoms if you stop the medication abruptly. And also, it would be nice if you...  Read Full »

My boyfriend gets paranoid, thinking I may cheat on him. Please help.

Query: Hi doctor, I have completed my MBA and currently searching for a job. I am in a relationship for nearly eight years. At one point we were even living together . My mom does not approve the relationship and wants me to get married to a groom inside our caste. My father is no more. My boyfriend is pa...  Read Full »

Dr. K. V. Anand

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I can understand your emotions. I can say that you are in utter confusion. I can perfectly understand your situation. In the given complex situation, taking a decision may be difficult for you. It is good that you approached professionals. Living with a paranoid person w...  Read Full »

I am 18 years old and I am afraid of rape and have paranoia. I need help.

Query: Hello doctor, I am 18 years old. The problem is that I am afraid of rape. I think about it every day, and I am so scared to be alone in an unfamiliar place. I am short and often believe that if a man wanted to hurt me, he would do it quickly. I am afraid to leave home alone. It is hard for me to thi...  Read Full »

Dr. Aneel Kumar

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Rape is a serious issue worldwide, and you have to be vigilant, not hypervigilant because if you take care of yourself, you can best protect yourself like do not go alone in late hours, unfamiliar places and with unfamiliar people and you should have a good relations...  Read Full »

I am taking medicines for paranoia and depression. Could hair scratching be one of the side effects?

Query: Hello doctor,I am on Sulpitac 50 mg, Xet CR 25 mg, Pregabid NT at night and Waklert 50, Beta cap 20 in the morning. I have a long history of paranoia and depression. Currently, the only symptom is excessive hair scratching. My hand is always on my eyebrows. The problem is particularly bad at night. ...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. No, I do not think any medicine is causing this. The compulsive scratching or pulling of hair could be due to unconscious anxiety. You are on Paroxetine 25, and if the anxiety is still persistent, then we can think of increasing the dose to 37.5 mg. Increase in dose ...  Read Full »

I think I have paranoia. Please help.

Query: Hello doctor, Everyone gets those little paranoid thoughts but mine have gotten a lot worse and a lot more frequent over the past four months. I constantly feel like people I know are talking about me or someone is trying to kill me/hurt me. I also get other weird thoughts like, what if the bus tip...  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The symptoms you have described are indicative of obsessional nature and the behavior is compulsive because of fearfulness. From the brief description, it is not possible for me to decide the category of disorder. But I can tell you that it is not normal and unlikely to...  Read Full »

Why do I have deteriorating memory, paranoia and deja vu?

Query: Hello doctor, I have the following symptoms: Deteriorating memory. Depersonalization or dissociation. Unable to articulate well. Jumbled thoughts. Lack of appetite (despite hunger). Depression or unmotivated. Paranoia, like someone is watching me through my phone or how my friends are talk...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The symptoms could be due to severe anxiety. Progressive loss of memory, dissociation feeling, difficulty in articulation, racing thoughts, depressed mood, paranoia, difficulty in expressing, etc., could be due to anxiety. But, if you are hearing voices which other...  Read Full »

My main issue is paranoia. What changes can be done to my medications?

Query: Hello doctor, I suffered major depression and severe anxiety since the age of 12 years. I was initially put on Citalopram and did well on this medication for seven to eight years at which point it was no longer effective and my GP prescribed Duloxetine 60 mg. This dosage worked for about six months...  Read Full »

Dr. Aditya Gupta

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. In my opinion, you can discuss with your treating psychiatrist regarding following changes: Rivotril (Clonazepam) can be tapered off. The dose of Quetiapine can be increased. Pur-bloka (Propranolol) dosage can be adjusted The dosage of Venlafaxine can be incre...  Read Full »