Q. Kindly help me to get rid of the fear of rape and paranoia.

Dr. Aneel Kumar

I am 18 years old. The problem is that I am afraid of rape. I think about it every day, and I am so scared to be alone in an unfamiliar place. I am short and often believe that if a man wanted to hurt me, he would do it quickly. I am afraid to leave home alone. It is hard for me to think about it, but I cannot control my thoughts. I read a lot of articles with recommendations on how to avoid rape, but it only got worse because now I got paranoia. I am really scared. I am trying to protect myself in every way. I need help.

#

Rape is a serious issue worldwide, and you have to be vigilant, not hypervigilant because if you take care of yourself, you can best protect yourself like do not go alone in late hours, unfamiliar places and with unfamiliar people and you should have a good relationship and support with your family members.

Uncertainty and apprehension causes anxiety, stress, and unnecessary fear, overprotectiveness causes the avoidance in behavior and takes you away from your freedom and happy life, be confident in your discuss your concern with your family, have immediate contacts with you during these situations, and if symptoms are affecting your life you should take some counseling sessions.

|