Q. Kindly help me to get rid of the fear of rape and paranoia.

Dr. Aneel Kumar
and medically reviewed by Dr. Nithila A
Published on Aug 27, 2019

I am 18 years old. The problem is that I am afraid of rape. I think about it every day, and I am so scared to be alone in an unfamiliar place. I am short and often believe that if a man wanted to hurt me, he would do it quickly. I am afraid to leave home alone. It is hard for me to think about it, but I cannot control my thoughts. I read a lot of articles with recommendations on how to avoid rape, but it only got worse because now I got paranoia. I am really scared. I am trying to protect myself in every way. I need help.

Dr. Aneel Kumar

Psychiatry
#

Rape is a serious issue worldwide, and you have to be vigilant, not hypervigilant because if you take care of yourself, you can best protect yourself like do not go alone in late hours, unfamiliar places and with unfamiliar people and you should have a good relationship and support with your family members.

Uncertainty and apprehension causes anxiety, stress, and unnecessary fear, overprotectiveness causes the avoidance in behavior and takes you away from your freedom and happy life, be confident in your discuss your concern with your family, have immediate contacts with you during these situations, and if symptoms are affecting your life you should take some counseling sessions.

Scope of Homeopathy in Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder

Article Overview: Psychological problems are commonly seen in today's world. Let us read about the role homeopathy can play in curing mental health disorders. Read Article

Dr. Hetal Dinesh Jariwala
Homeopathic Physician

Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) is a common psychiatric condition that arises after an individual has witnessed or is involved in a life-threatening event such as environmental disaster, rape or violent assault. They show symptoms such as having flashbacks and behavioral disorders including in...  Read Article

Why do I get anxious on seeing attractive girl?

Query: Hello doctor, I have extreme anxiety when I see an attractive girl. I feel like escaping from that place at that moment. I intentionally avoid going out and limit myself to home only to avoid attractive girls, I even stopped watching TV to avoid this. I believe this symptom may have started with a ...  Read Full »