Parenting

What should be done if a child is not studying even after we request or beat?

Query: Hello doctor, My son is 8 years old, and he does not like to do his homework. We requested him to do his homework in a soft voice and tried consoling him to study. Eventually, we gave up and heavily reprimanded my kid almost every day. Sometimes we beat him if things do not happen as expected. Later...  Read Full »

Dr. Suresh Kumar G D

Child Health Specialist, Paediatrician, Psychiatrist

Answer: Hello,Welcome to icliniq.com.Your experience with your son is common among many parents. The situation can be managed with appropriate support. Find out the reason why your son does not like to do his homework. Is he lazy or having any difficulties with studying, reading, or maths? Does he have any ...  Read Full »

Will raising a child by gay parents cause any problem to the child?

Query: Hello doctor, I have a cousin who is gay and her and her partner just recently adopted a child and I am fearing for that child's future because of the problems it could face as an adult which is they have a greater chance of committing suicide, suffer from obesity and depression, become dependant o...  Read Full »

Dr. Vandana Patidar

Psychiatrist, Psychotherapist, Psychologist Counsellor, Sleep Medicine Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand your concern and worries. You are right in saying that a child needs the love and affection of both parents but at the same time, it is just love and affection which matters the most. The person who is giving it becomes secondary. There is no hard and fa...  Read Full »