Paxil

Is it good to take Priligy or Paxil for premature ejaculation?

Query: Greetings. I have a problem with premature ejaculation. I want to ask a doctor what kind of medication can I take that work for this problem. I have heard of Priligy, Paxi and other ssri-s. Thank you.  Read Full »

Dr. Mohamed Araffath

Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hi, You believe that you have a problem with premature ejaculation. I hope you really understand the meaning of it. Because there is another entity called errectile dysfunction. So it's necessary to identify the problem first. First I would like to clarify if you have any other medical condition su...  Read Full »

Does Paxil cause constipation?

Query: Hi doctor, I have a twelve year old son, weighing 100 lbs. He was admitted to the hospital 12 days back for major depressive disorder (MDD), lack of sleep and having suicidal thoughts. He was prescribed Paxil 20 mg. I am concerned because he is exhibiting periods of low, melancholy moods and period...  Read Full »

Dr. Awadhesh P Singh Solanki

Answer: Hi, Welcome to iclinq.com. I can understand your concern regarding your son's gastric problem after taking Paxil (Paroxetine), as it is a drug of SSRI (selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors) group which is known to cause constipation in children. I suggest to prevent constipation, after consultin...  Read Full »

Is it necessary to continue Paxil for OCD when there are no symptoms?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 36-year-old woman and I take Paxil for OCD, 40 mg a day. When I went off the medicines several years ago, I had a long period of time before I had symptoms again, but then they did return. So after some time, I began the Paxil again. I had been very slowly weaning off and I had...  Read Full »

Dr. K V Anand

Psychiatrist, Psychologist Counsellor, Sexologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Medicines are prescribed in little high doses to quell the acute symptoms and then maintenance doses to maintain the minimum threshold. Weaning off is to maintain the satisfactory threshold and to stop. But in the majority of the cases, weaning off or rather the whole p...  Read Full »

I had started with treatment for GAD. I cannot do anything without medication after I have withdrawn it. Help me tune the medications for extended usage

Query: Hello Doctor, I have started treatment of GAD before 2.5 months as follows: (60 mg Paxil daily, 150 mg Wellbutrin one time daily and 15 mg Buspar twice a day) in addition to CTB. The results were very good and the anxiety and accompanying depression went away. Now I cannot do anything without medic...  Read Full »

Andrologist, General Practitioner, Geriatrician, Psychiatrist, Psychologist Counsellor, Psychotherapist, Sexologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. At first I would like to tell you briefly about Generalized Anxiety Disorder or GAD that you are already well aware of. This is a chronic, relapsing and debilitating common psychiatric disorder characterized by anxiety and worry about several events and activities for ...  Read Full »

Are Paxil and Crestor safe when taken together?

Query: Hello doctor,I have been taking Ativan 0.5 mg for some time now but my nurse practitioner wants me off. So, she prescribed Paxil 20 mg once daily. I am also on Crestor 10 mg. Are all of these safe together? I am not sure I trust a nurse practitioner.  Read Full »

Dr. Jeremy David O'kennedy

Internal Medicine Physician, General Medicine Physician, HIV AIDS Specialist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. It is always a good idea to be sure. Paxil (Paroxetine) is a respected and very effective SSRI (selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor) and commonly used to treat major depressive disorder, generalized anxiety disorder, panic disorder, etc. Unlike Ativan (Lorazepam)...  Read Full »

Please suggest the best drug for GAD and social phobia. What are its side effects?

Query: Hi doctor, I will first summarize my case, and then I will put my query. I had been diagnosed to have GAD and social phobia before 10 years, and I was taking Paxil 20 mg daily in the evening along with CBT. The result was excellent. The anxiety and depression went away, but with a very high level o...  Read Full »

Dr. Maneesh Gupta

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I read your query. Out of the three options, the third option would be the best possible concerning the balance between the effectiveness and side effects. Zoloft (Sertraline) and Lexapro (Escitalopram), both are almost equal regarding the side effects and efficacy. Ba...  Read Full »