Q. Can I take Priligy or Paxil for premature ejaculation?

Dr. Mohamed Araffath

Greetings. I have a problem with premature ejaculation. I want to ask a doctor what kind of medication can I take that work for this problem. I have heard of Priligy, Paxi and other ssri-s. Thank you.

#

You believe that you have a problem with premature ejaculation. I hope you really understand the meaning of it. Because there is another entity called errectile dysfunction. So it's necessary to identify the problem first. First I would like to clarify if you have any other medical condition such as Diabetes. If it's purely premature ejaculation, the treatment process has to be started by looking for any psychological causes such as low mood, depression, anxiety, stress or doubting your ability, etc.

Identifying the cause would help a great deal in solving your problem. There are a few proven techniques as well to overcome this problem. But for a short term solution, yes, as you suggested, Priligy or Paxil 30 mg, 1-2 hours before the intercourse may be tried. It has proven to be effective in psychological related causes. Use one per day. Few possible side effects are nausea, headache, etc. If you could elaborate further on your condition, I might be able to help you more specifically. Hope I have explained to your query. Do get back to me, if you haveany questions.

| 

I have a premature ejaculation problem. Is it due to my masturbation habit?

Query: Hello doctor, I have a premature ejaculation problem. When I am doing foreplay with my girlfriend, it automatically gets ejaculated after four to five minutes. Is it due to my masturbation habit?  Read Full »

What Is Premature Ejaculation?

Article Overview: A huge percentage of young men ejaculate within a few seconds or with minimal strokes during sexual intercourse. It is very stressful for both partners when this happens, and it can even lead to marital disharmony and discord. This is the most common male sexual problem. Fortunately, it can be overcome and even treated. Read Article

Dr. Poosha Darbha
Sexologist

Premature ejaculation (rapid climax within seconds) is common. It is natural in people with an overly sensitive penis, but it is distressing and disappointing for the couple. To overcome the problem naturally, one needs to understand how exactly it happens and learn how to stop it. It is somewhat li...  Read Article

Is it safe to combine 7.5 mg of regular Paxil with Paxil CR for about a week or month?

Query: Hello doctor, I have been on Paxil CR 37.5 mg for 16 years. After a recent depression or OCD episode that occurred around my period, I saw a psychiatrist to see if I needed to bump up my dosage or change medicines. She prescribed me 7.5 mg of regular Paxil, not CR, to take with my 37.5 mg CR a few...  Read Full »

Vitamin D and COVID-19
Did you know COVID-19 patients with vitamin D deficiency are twice as likely to have severe complications, including dea...  Read more»
The New 'Super-Spreader' Strain of Coronavirus
A new variant of SARS-CoV-2, the virus that causes COVID-19, is spreading fast in parts of the UK. Read how this new var...  Read more»
How to treat my mother's sigmoid colon ulcer?
Hi doctor, My mother, who is 45 years old, has ulcers in the sigmoid colon for the last 15 years. The problem got reduce...  Read more»

Ask a Sexologist Now