Q. Being a PCOS patient can I take I-pill effective after sexual intercourse?

Dr. Donalyn S. Barcial

I am a-25-year-old female. I am a PCOS patient and had sex two days ago (that was after five days since my periods ended). My periods are usually irregular but it occurs sooner or later and I usually have a long cycle more than 30 days. So while sex, my condom broke and I took an I-pill immediately and also in the next day morning. I want to know if the I-pill will work irrespective of having PCOS and what are the chances of getting pregnant?

#

Since you have a longer than usual cycle as expected of PCOS, less likely that you are fertile on the day you had sex. It would be an even added protection that you took the I-pill. The I-pill will work whether you have PCOS or not. Comparing to a non-PCOS patient, you have lower chance of getting pregnant after taking the I-pill. If you took the first pill within 24 hours after sex, it is said to be 95 % effective.

|