HomeAnswersObstetrics and GynecologypcosI am a 26-year-old female worried about recurrence of PCOS and also about getting breast cancer as my grandmother has it. Please help.

What are the chances of PCOS recurrence and genetic transmission of breast cancer in a 26-year-old female?

Share

The following is an actual conversation between an iCliniq user and a doctor that has been reviewed and published as a Premium Q&A.

Medically reviewed by

iCliniq medical review team

Published At October 12, 2023
Reviewed AtOctober 12, 2023

Patient's Query

I am a 26-year-old female and I have had PCOS (polycystic ovary syndrome), and I was on homeopathy for five years. Sonography reports came back normal. Now I want to know if there are any chances of it coming back as sometimes I get pain in the left ovary. Also, my grandmother has breast cancer and at times I cough and sneeze a lot. Are there any chances of me getting the same?

I read your query and understand your concern.

PCOS (polycystic ovary syndrome) is not completely curable, to prevent symptoms from reappearing, you should exercise regularly and do diet modification to maintain your weight within normal BMI (body mass index). As you said you have a family history of breast cancer then you should do a self-breast examination and look for any lump, discoloration, or discharge from the nipple, and compare both breasts, if you notice any abnormality then you should visit your nearby gynecologist, or a general surgeon. You should avoid taking birth control pills as it may put people at risk for breast cancer especially those who are already at risk. Also, cough and sneezing have no relation with breast cancer which could be because of some allergy. Hope this information helps you. Feel free to ask if you have any queries.

Same symptoms don't mean you have the same problem. Consult a doctor now!

Dr. Sanap Sneha Umrao
Dr. Sanap Sneha Umrao

Obstetrics and Gynecology

Community Banner Mobile

iCliniq's FREE Newsletters

Expert-backed health and wellness information, delivered to your email.

Subscribe iCliniq
By clicking Subscribe, I agree to the iCliniq Terms & Conditions and Privacy Policy and understand that I may opt out of iCliniq subscriptions at any time.

Ask your health query to a doctor online

Obstetrics and Gynecology

*guaranteed answer within 4 hours

This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. iCliniq privacy policy