Q. I am trying to conceive with PCOS, but Fertisure F and Ovabless are not helping. Why?

Dr. Lorena Zijaj
This is a premium question & answer published on May 18, 2020 and last reviewed on: Jun 01, 2020

I am trying to conceive for the last 2.5 years but not successful. I was on Fertisure F and Ovabless for six months and discontinued because I did not see any results and I am diagonsed with PCOS. I am now on Carbimazole 5 mg for hyperthyroidism.

#

PCOS (Polycystic ovary syndrome) and also hyperthyroidism can cause infertility. I saw your examination (attachment removed to protect patient identity). The TSH (thyroid-stimulating hormone) levels is normal.

The medication you have taken are only supplements. If you have menstrual irregular bleeding you can correct it with contraception pills for two to three months and then try to conceive again.

First, I would recommend you to evaluate the ovulatory process with ultrasound examination at 12 -15 days or measurement of progesterone at 21 days. And after that take some medication that induces your ovulation. But you have to be in a close follow up with a doctor.

Should I take progesterone test on the 21st day? Can you advise medicines?

#

The best way to evaluate the ovulation is an ultrasound examination on 12th day of the cycle and also the progesterone level is also detected. If the value is normal it means that you ovulate.

You can try with Clomifen for the induction of ovulation.

|