Q. I am trying to conceive with PCOS, but Fertisure F and Ovabless are not helping. Why?

Dr. Lorena Zijaj
This is a premium question & answer published on May 18, 2020 and last reviewed on: Jun 01, 2020

I am trying to conceive for the last 2.5 years but not successful. I was on Fertisure F and Ovabless for six months and discontinued because I did not see any results and I am diagonsed with PCOS. I am now on Carbimazole 5 mg for hyperthyroidism.

Dr. Lorena Zijaj

Obstetrics And Gynaecology
#

PCOS (Polycystic ovary syndrome) and also hyperthyroidism can cause infertility. I saw your examination (attachment removed to protect patient identity). The TSH (thyroid-stimulating hormone) levels is normal.

The medication you have taken are only supplements. If you have menstrual irregular bleeding you can correct it with contraception pills for two to three months and then try to conceive again.

First, I would recommend you to evaluate the ovulatory process with ultrasound examination at 12 -15 days or measurement of progesterone at 21 days. And after that take some medication that induces your ovulation. But you have to be in a close follow up with a doctor.

| 

Should I take progesterone test on the 21st day? Can you advise medicines?

Dr. Lorena Zijaj

Obstetrics And Gynaecology
#

The best way to evaluate the ovulation is an ultrasound examination on 12th day of the cycle and also the progesterone level is also detected. If the value is normal it means that you ovulate.

You can try with Clomifen for the induction of ovulation.

| 

Can PCOS cause irregular periods?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 28 year old unmarried woman. Last month my period was irregular. I got my periods on the 30th of last month and it was already 20 days later from the actual due. Initially, I had spotting for five days, then I bled for seven days and again, had spotting for three days. Now, I am bl...  Read Full »

My wife is 8 weeks pregnant and taking Asmita. Can pregnancy be continued?

Query: Hello doctor, My wife had irregular periods. We consulted a gynecologist and she suggested starting Asmita tablet for 21 days and Oosure tablet for a month. We started medication from mid of last month. Now, ultrasound says that she is 8 weeks pregnant. My question is can she continue the pregna...  Read Full »

How can hyperthyroidism be effectively treated?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 48-year-old man. I have suffered from hyperthyroidism for more than 20 years. I have been to many doctors but I have not got any long-term benefits. They gave me Methimazole, Propranolol, and Cyproheptadine for a while. I put on weight for a while but became skinny again. I nee...  Read Full »