Q. I notice wetness at the tip of my penis after a while of intercourse. What could this be?

Dr. Vidya
Published on Dec 12, 2019

I had intercourse with my girlfriend and it slipped. Also, my girl just started her menstrual cycle at about the same time. After about two weeks later, I noted slight wetness at the tip of my penis and had some irritation. I took Azithromycin three tablets. The irritation stopped, but slight wetness at the penis tip remained. It is very slight wetness at the tip, as during the day every few hours we go to urinate and is only on the tip. The wetness can mainly be seen in the morning when I get up after eight hours of sleep. I got blood tests and VRDL is negative. I seek your advice on medication and what could this be?

Dr. Vidya

Obstetrics And Gynaecology
#

The wetness you are experiencing may not be an infection, it could be due to friction-related issue after intercourse causing some inflammation. As you have already run the tests and taken a course of antibiotics, there is not much to worry about. Observe the discharge for a week if it gets foul-smelling or you develop a fever or an itch over the area you may have to see the doctor.

In the mean time get a urine microscopy and routine test to rule out any urinary tract infection. Avoid nylon undergarments and use cotton ones instead. Use a condom always during intercourse and make sure you do not have an allergy to latex.

| 

It does not seem to be due to any friction-related issue after intercourse. The antibiotics were taken about four weeks back and the penis tip still has a slight wet discharge. It is odorless, transparent and does not leave any marks. I seek your advice to know what could this be and what medications to follow? The fact that it was noted about two weeks after intercourse is of concern to me.

Dr. Vidya

Obstetrics And Gynaecology
#

Good that you wrote back. As the discharge is persisting especially following intercourse, I would think of a yeast infection. I would suggest you give the sample for a culture test as well as ask your partner to do the same. Once you get the report, we need to begin relevant antibiotics. Both partners have to be treated simultaneously. Also, as I mentioned before kindly get a urine routine and microscopy tests done. You must seek a urologist opinion personally and get yourself examined.

| 

I am suffering from penile itching, and burning, with ocassional discharge. Kindly suggest treatment.

Query: Hello doctor,I am a 29-years-old, male, married, suffering from slight penile itching and burning in the pipe (through which we urinate) at almost the end of the penis and some times little penile discharge with no color and smell, please suggest me the prescription.  Read Full »

I get recurrent burning and discomfort after treatment of penile fungal infection. Why?

Query: Hello doctor, I get light burning and discomfort after I have been on antibiotics and sterioids. I had fungal penile infection a year and half back. Why does this keep happening?  Read Full »

Why is my penis top red with a white pimple?

Query: Hello doctor, My penis top is red with a white pimple. I used Mupirocin ointment four months back. Then again the doctor gave Betnovate RD a month back and I used it three times. Now, my skin looks very dry and ugly. The redness has reduced but the skin looks abnormal.  Read Full »