Q. My RPR titer ratio was 1:2. What does that mean?

This is a premium question & answer published on Aug 01, 2018 and last reviewed on: Oct 25, 2019

This is regarding a syphilis test RPR ratio.

Cosmetology Dermatology HIV/AIDS Specialist Plastic Surgery – Reconstructive And Cosmetic Venereology
#

Please post your query. Regards.

For more information consult an HIV AIDS specialist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/HIV-AIDS-specialist

| 

My RPR titer ratio was 1:2. What does that mean? I read that is weakly reactive. I was asked to do a confirmatory test (FTA ABS). What is the difference? I know my partner was diagnosed with chlamydia and she told me. So, I got treated after the test. My RPR titer was prior to any medication. I know they are two different things. Just placed it there for background.

#

RPR (rapid plasma reagin) detects antibodies against syphilis and the antibodies in your serum are not present in enough quantity to state it as positive, that is, reactive. So, FTA ABS (fluorescent treponemal antibody absorption test) has been advised to get the accurate status of syphilis.

Chlamydia and RPR have no relation and treatment of chlamydia will have no effect on RPR. Go for FTA ABS.

Any history of genital ulcer or penile discharge? Regards.

| 

Can Doxy and Flavospas cause fat loss from the body?

Query: Hello doctor, I had unprotected sexual exposure around four months ago and after that I found a swelling in my right scrotum (after scanning found benign) and consulted a urologist and told him about my exposure and he prescribed Azhithral injections but I was unable to take as it became allergic i...  Read Full »

Can you get syphilis from drinking in someone's cup?

Query: Hello doctor, Are there any chances of me getting syphilis by drinking a beverage that someone with syphilis already sipped?  Read Full »

I was misdiagnosed to have syphilis and had treatment. What to do?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 24 year old male. Before a month, I visited a hospital in my hometown for pain on the penis. They conducted VDRL and TPHA test and said that the test came back as weak positive. So, it is the first stage of syphilis. They prescribed me an injection and some tablets for five days. A...  Read Full »

Ask a HIV AIDS Specialist Now