Q. Can a torn PSL (penile suspensory ligament) cause long-standing pain in the testicles?

Dr. Samer Samer Juma Ali Altawil

Five years ago, I had a complaint of Umbilical hernia, and three years ago, I had a traumatic tear while carrying ice buckets. It has been a painful condition since then. I have all the symptoms of a torn PSL; however, the MRI scan does not reveal much. My doctor has checked all other possible causes of pain like Urachal cysts, Urethral scarring, Peyronie's disease, and Desmond tumor. I also have pain during ejaculation and low ejaculation pressure. Also, standing for long periods causes pain, and when I hold up the weight of my testicles, It helps ease the chronic pain.

Kindly help.

#

Thank you for consulting us. I understand your concern and would be happy to help. Please send me the MRI (magnetic resonance imaging) scan report. If you have a torn PSL (penile suspensory ligament), the penis will be hanging down and cannot stay erect. However, there will be no pain during standing or ejaculation. A ligament repair is required to get a straight erection. Pain can be due to prostatitis. Also, do you have difficulty passing urine or an urgency to go to the bathroom? Based on your symptoms, I suggest you get a semen culture done and take treatment that includes anti-inflammatory medications, antibiotics, alpha-blockers, and anti cholinergics.

Kindly revert in case of further queries.

|