Peyronie's Disease

I have an hourglass shaped penis with narrow part in the middle. Should I be worried?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 24-year-old male. I have noticed that my penis gets really narrow in the middle like an hourglass and bends in a weird way when half erect or in the process of getting erect. It gets completely normal when fully erect though and there is no pain. This happens once every few day...  Read Full »

Dr. Samer S J Altawil

Urologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. After reviewing your history, it seems to me Peyronie’s disease but I need pictures (flaccid, partial, and complete erection) from you to confirm it. Presentation is secondary to fibrosis in tunica Albuginea causing curvature of penis on erection to variable degr...  Read Full »

Why does the lower part of my scrotum become dark and pains when I walk?

Query: Hello!one day when I masturbated my right testicle went up and at the same time I felt a burning in the perineal area. After ejaculation I felt an intense pain in that area and from that time I always have problems walking or ejaculating. The thing that scares me is that the penis veins have increas...  Read Full »

Dr. Arup Majumdar

Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com Let me tell you that the symptoms described by you suggest that you have vasculitis(inflammation of the blood vessels) can cause Peyronie's disease. More over it may be due to epididymo orchitis. In this situation I suggest you non steroidal anti inflammatory madication l...  Read Full »

Will accidental hit in penis result in scar and Peyronie's disease?

Query: Hello doctor, I had a minor injury four weeks ago when my partner while on the bed accidentally hit my erected penis on the left side next to the frenulum under the head. I had some minor pains here and there but I stopped all sexual activities. I did notice a very sharp pain today after an erectio...  Read Full »

Dr. Praveen Pushkar

Urologist, Andrologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have seen the pictures. (attachment removed to protect patient identity). If the trauma was at the level of frenulum then you can go for frenuloplasty so that frenulum will be freed from glans and there should not be any problem further. Peyronie's disease gener...  Read Full »

Why do my penis get curved during erection?

Query: Hi doctor, When flaccid my penis is 2.3 inches and sticks straight. When erect it points straight up to my chin and has a large curve back to my belly button. My erection feels tight. I am circumcised. I also have very tender testicles and after sex, my lower back hurts and so do my testicles.  Read Full »

Dr. Raja Ramesh

Andrologist, Urologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. From what you say, it seems to be excessive upward curvature of penis (towards belly button). Though it is abnormal, no active treatment is necessary as long as you are able to have sexual intercourse. Only when it prevents sexual intercourse, treatment may be pursued. ...  Read Full »

Is there any treatment for bending of penis other than surgery?

Query: Hello doctor, My penis is bend towards left. Will it affect my sexual life? Is there any medical treatment for it other than surgery? Is the shock wave therapy effective in Peyronie's disease? Will masturbation get the penis more bend?  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The penis is never straight. When it gets erected it is always been in curvature shape for effective intercourse. However, if you feel excess bending of the penis then Peyronie's disease should be suspected for which Collagenase clostridium histolyticum can be use...  Read Full »

Why do I have burning irritation in the middle portion of the penis after masturbation?

Query: Hi doctor, I am an 18-year-old male. For the past four years, I have burning irritation in the middle portion of my penis after masturbation. The irritation gets relieved to some extent after I urinate. Please help me.  Read Full »

Dr. K V Anand

Psychiatrist, Psychologist Counsellor, Sexologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Penile pain occurs due to infections or inflammation of the bladder or prostate. Trauma, persistent erection (priapism), cancers, and Peyronie's disease (the development of scar tissue within the penis) are the other causes. Sickle cell anemia may cause priapism due to ...  Read Full »

I Have A Short and Curved Penis. How to Boost My Libido

Query: Hello Doctor,  I have a short and curved penis. The curvature is towards left side. How can I make it straight? I want to increase its length by around 2 inches. How to boost my libido, stamina and erection time without any side effects? Are there any tablets or should I just follow a particula...  Read Full »

Dr. Ravi M Soni

Geriatrician, Psychiatrist, Psychologist Counsellor, Sexologist

Answer: Hi,  Welcome to icliniq.com. As you have mentioned you have curved penis towards left side. Curvature of the penis is one of the symptoms of peyronie's disease. But it needs to be corrected by medication or surgery only if you have pain after erection or if you are not able to perform sexual interc...  Read Full »

Why is my penis bent?

Query: Hi doctor, I have a bent penis that causes pain and dissatisfaction. Please suggest me a solution.  Read Full »

Dr. Aman Gupta

Urologist, Andrologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. A downward bent of the penis is an absolutely normal variation and is present in 15% - 30% of men. It will be a problem only when it is extremely bent and difficult to penetrate. Pain in the penis can be because of anxiety. If it has been since a long time, then there ...  Read Full »

There is increased sensitivity and pain during erection and sex. Why?

Query: Hi doctor, I have been having increased sensitivity and pain (6/10) at the head of my penis during an erection and sexual intercourse. No pain or discharge during urination. I am 48 years old. Medicines include Metformin HCl 500 mg, Atorvastatin 10 mg, Benazepril 10 mg.  Read Full »

Dr. Saurabh S Pandya

Urologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Pain at the tip during erection can be due to: 1. Tight frenulum: this is skin fold at the tip on the lower side of the foreskin. This needs a frenuloplasty. 2. Partial phimosis: this prevents retraction of the foreskin during intercourse and may cause pain, especiall...  Read Full »

Is it possible to have a tunica albuginea rupture and be unaware of it?

Query: Hello doctor, If I were to strain or have a small superficial rupture to the tunica albuginea during erection, would I notice this in any way? Will there be any pain or bruising? I have read somewhere that the tunica has no pain nerves. That is why I wonder. There is no pain or abnormality noticed....  Read Full »

Dr. Shahil Khant

Andrologist, General Surgeon, Urologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Yes, any rupture of tunica albuginea will cause pain as a minimum sign. It can also cause a bruising ecchymosis but, a pain is a must. Completely ruptured tunica causes a penile fracture. Repeated partial rupture leads to Peyronie's disease. To detect a partial ruptu...  Read Full »