Peyronie's Disease

Is there any treatment for bending of penis other than surgery?

Query: Hello doctor, My penis is bend towards left. Will it affect my sexual life? Is there any medical treatment for it other than surgery? Is the shock wave therapy effective in Peyronie's disease? Will masturbation get the penis more bend?  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The penis is never straight. When it gets erected it is always been in curvature shape for effective intercourse. However, if you feel excess bending of the penis then Peyronie's disease should be suspected for which Collagenase clostridium histolyticum can be use...  Read Full »

Why do I have burning irritation in the middle portion of the penis after masturbation?

Query: Hi doctor, I am an 18-year-old male. For the past four years, I have burning irritation in the middle portion of my penis after masturbation. The irritation gets relieved to some extent after I urinate. Please help me.  Read Full »

Dr. K V Anand

Psychiatrist, Psychologist Counsellor, Sexologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Penile pain occurs due to infections or inflammation of the bladder or prostate. Trauma, persistent erection (priapism), cancers, and Peyronie's disease (the development of scar tissue within the penis) are the other causes. Sickle cell anemia may cause priapism due to ...  Read Full »

I Have A Short and Curved Penis. How to Boost My Libido

Query: Hello Doctor,  I have a short and curved penis. The curvature is towards left side. How can I make it straight? I want to increase its length by around 2 inches. How to boost my libido, stamina and erection time without any side effects? Are there any tablets or should I just follow a particula...  Read Full »

Dr. Ravi M Soni

Geriatrician, Psychiatrist, Psychologist Counsellor, Sexologist

Answer: Hi,  Welcome to icliniq.com. As you have mentioned you have curved penis towards left side. Curvature of the penis is one of the symptoms of peyronie's disease. But it needs to be corrected by medication or surgery only if you have pain after erection or if you are not able to perform sexual interc...  Read Full »

Why is my penis bent?

Query: Hi doctor, I have a bent penis that causes pain and dissatisfaction. Please suggest me a solution.  Read Full »

Dr. Aman Gupta

Urologist, Andrologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. A downward bent of the penis is an absolutely normal variation and is present in 15% - 30% of men. It will be a problem only when it is extremely bent and difficult to penetrate. Pain in the penis can be because of anxiety. If it has been since a long time, then there ...  Read Full »

There is increased sensitivity and pain during erection and sex. Why?

Query: Hi doctor, I have been having increased sensitivity and pain (6/10) at the head of my penis during an erection and sexual intercourse. No pain or discharge during urination. I am 48 years old. Medicines include Metformin HCl 500 mg, Atorvastatin 10 mg, Benazepril 10 mg.  Read Full »

Dr. Saurabh S Pandya

Urologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Pain at the tip during erection can be due to: 1. Tight frenulum: this is skin fold at the tip on the lower side of the foreskin. This needs a frenuloplasty. 2. Partial phimosis: this prevents retraction of the foreskin during intercourse and may cause pain, especiall...  Read Full »

Is it possible to have a tunica albuginea rupture and be unaware of it?

Query: Hello doctor, If I were to strain or have a small superficial rupture to the tunica albuginea during erection, would I notice this in any way? Will there be any pain or bruising? I have read somewhere that the tunica has no pain nerves. That is why I wonder. There is no pain or abnormality noticed....  Read Full »

Dr. Shahil Khant

Andrologist, General Surgeon, Urologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Yes, any rupture of tunica albuginea will cause pain as a minimum sign. It can also cause a bruising ecchymosis but, a pain is a must. Completely ruptured tunica causes a penile fracture. Repeated partial rupture leads to Peyronie's disease. To detect a partial ruptu...  Read Full »

I had a penile injury that resulted in temporary erectile dysfunction. Please help.

Query: Hi doctor, I had a penile injury that resulted in temporary erectile dysfunction. My penis seems to be working somewhat normally now, after about two weeks. It is still painful. There is a small indent on the underside of my penis that was not there before. I went to a doctor, and he said it was no...  Read Full »

Dr. Devendra

Urologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. At the time of penile injury, was there any blood collection and swelling in that area? What kind of persistent pain you have? How is your erection now? From the images (attachment removed to protect patient identity), it looks like you have a normal erection, which is ...  Read Full »

Will mechanical penis straightening devices fix Peyronie's disease?

Query: Hello doctor, I recently have come down with Peyronie's disease. Will the mechanical penis straightening devices fix this condition? I am 59 years old and I have never had this condition before. Also, it seems like this condition started when I started taking a Viagra lower cost substitute simply s...  Read Full »

Dr. Karthik Rajan

Urologist, Andrologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Firstly, the reason for developing Peyronie's is due to repeated microtrauma which slowly gets fibrosed. It takes many months to develop and it is not related to the change of medication. Secondly, for management, it depends on how severe the fibrosis is. Mechanical st...  Read Full »

How to pull back my tight foreskin?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 18 years old. I am uncircumcised, and my foreskin is not fully retractable. I am struggling to pull it back to expose about 20 % of the head when it is erect. When flaccid, it is easier to pull the skin, and I can get about 40 % to 50 % of the head exposed. My penis has a slight cur...  Read Full »

Dr. Vivek Chail

Family Physician, General Practitioner, Radiodiagnosis Physician, Radiologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through the attachment (attachment removed to protect patient identity). No one has a straight penis. Your penis appears normal. However, if the curvature is getting worse and if you want to confirm it, then you can get an ultrasound scan of the penis done t...  Read Full »

My penis is bent to the side after a long session of masturbation. Please help.

Query: Hello doctor, Recently (within the past month) my fiance had flown back to a different city where she is now currently having to live, and I ended up masturbating for a rather long time about a week after she had left. The time that this lasted for, I would say was anywhere from three to three and ...  Read Full »

Dr. Devendra

Urologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Had you taken any erection enhancing drug so that your erection lasted long? It should not be left erect for hours, like four hours and more. The image shared (attachment removed to protect patient identity) is an acceptable shape of the penis. I do not think you sh...  Read Full »