Peyronie's Disease

What should I do to treat Peyronie's disease and white spots on the penis?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 20 years old and have Peyronie since I was 18. My symptoms were mild. I did not have a curvature, just an hourglass shape when semi-erect and a scar in the middle of the shaft, nothing that interrupted my sex life. But in the last months, I noticed something new and weird on my p...  Read Full »

Dr. Sugreev Singh

Internal Medicine Physician, General Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Thank you for attaching pictures (attachment removed to protect patient identity), and I understand your concern. I have checked them carefully, nothing to worry about. Due to infection and most probably a fungal one transmitted sexually. So I would like to ask you, di...  Read Full »

Why does the pain my penis shaft increase during masturbation?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 28-year-old male, who is 5.7 feet tall and weighs about 135 lbs. I am experiencing pain along the shaft on the left side of my penis. The pain is relatively mild but increases following masturbation. It seems to follow two veins, one parallel to the urethra and the other one th...  Read Full »

Dr. Samer S J Altawil

Urologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I can summarize your issues with, 1. Pain on the left side of the penis and slight curvature towards the right side. 2. Red spot on the glans penis. 3. Prostatitis. Firstly, pain on one side and slight curvature indicate Peyronie's disease, which is still not stabil...  Read Full »

Why is there a black mass on my penile shaft?

Query: Hi doctor, About halfway down my penile shaft, there is a black mass, only noticeable when the foreskin is pulled down. I have symptoms of prostatitis and urethritis (ongoing for two years now). I also have dysuria, urine dribbling, inflamed meatus, constant urethral pain, prostatitis, epididymitis...  Read Full »

Dr. Raveendran Sr

Sexologist, Diabetologist, Andrologist, General Practitioner

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I can understand your concern. You have used a lot of antibiotics. Suppose it is a prostate infection. You should know it will take a long time for it to get cured. If there is pain during ejaculation, we need to think of infection (bacterial). You have completed the ST...  Read Full »

Why does my penis look curved and bruised?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 99 percent sure that I have Peyronie's disease. I have ridges and a very mild bend, but I also noticed a big black and blue lump when I stretch the skin, and it is very long.  Read Full »

Dr. Samer S J Altawil

Urologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Thanks for consulting us. Peyronie’s disease is an inflammation, which leads to fibrosis of the tough deep layer of the penis, which is called tunica albuginea. It starts with inflammation and pain until it gets fibrosed stabilized and fixed, creating deformity a...  Read Full »

Can you straighten a curved penis?

Query: Hi doctor,I have curved penis, which bends towards left side. The bend is on higher end than what it should be of normal one. I feel difficulty with intercourse. However, there is no pain during ejaculation. I did not have any injury. I have attached the picture for your reference.  Read Full »

Dr. Vivekanandan G

Andrologist, Urologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You have got significant curvature of the penis to the left side. This could be congenital or due to Peyronie's disease (scar tissue leading to bent penis). If it is causing difficulty in intercourse, then it needs to be surgically corrected either with Nesbit procedure o...  Read Full »

I have an hourglass shaped penis with narrow part in the middle. Should I be worried?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 24-year-old male. I have noticed that my penis gets really narrow in the middle like an hourglass and bends in a weird way when half erect or in the process of getting erect. It gets completely normal when fully erect though and there is no pain. This happens once every few day...  Read Full »

Dr. Samer S J Altawil

Urologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. After reviewing your history, it seems to me Peyronie’s disease but I need pictures (flaccid, partial, and complete erection) from you to confirm it. Presentation is secondary to fibrosis in tunica Albuginea causing curvature of penis on erection to variable degr...  Read Full »

Why does the lower part of my scrotum become dark and pains when I walk?

Query: Hello!one day when I masturbated my right testicle went up and at the same time I felt a burning in the perineal area. After ejaculation I felt an intense pain in that area and from that time I always have problems walking or ejaculating. The thing that scares me is that the penis veins have increas...  Read Full »

Dr. Arup Majumdar

Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com Let me tell you that the symptoms described by you suggest that you have vasculitis(inflammation of the blood vessels) can cause Peyronie's disease. More over it may be due to epididymo orchitis. In this situation I suggest you non steroidal anti inflammatory madication l...  Read Full »

Will accidental hit in penis result in scar and Peyronie's disease?

Query: Hello doctor, I had a minor injury four weeks ago when my partner while on the bed accidentally hit my erected penis on the left side next to the frenulum under the head. I had some minor pains here and there but I stopped all sexual activities. I did notice a very sharp pain today after an erectio...  Read Full »

Dr. Praveen Pushkar

Urologist, Andrologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have seen the pictures. (attachment removed to protect patient identity). If the trauma was at the level of frenulum then you can go for frenuloplasty so that frenulum will be freed from glans and there should not be any problem further. Peyronie's disease gener...  Read Full »

Why do my penis get curved during erection?

Query: Hi doctor, When flaccid my penis is 2.3 inches and sticks straight. When erect it points straight up to my chin and has a large curve back to my belly button. My erection feels tight. I am circumcised. I also have very tender testicles and after sex, my lower back hurts and so do my testicles.  Read Full »

Dr. Raja Ramesh

Andrologist, Urologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. From what you say, it seems to be excessive upward curvature of penis (towards belly button). Though it is abnormal, no active treatment is necessary as long as you are able to have sexual intercourse. Only when it prevents sexual intercourse, treatment may be pursued. ...  Read Full »

Is there any treatment for bending of penis other than surgery?

Query: Hello doctor, My penis is bend towards left. Will it affect my sexual life? Is there any medical treatment for it other than surgery? Is the shock wave therapy effective in Peyronie's disease? Will masturbation get the penis more bend?  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The penis is never straight. When it gets erected it is always been in curvature shape for effective intercourse. However, if you feel excess bending of the penis then Peyronie's disease should be suspected for which Collagenase clostridium histolyticum can be use...  Read Full »