iCliniq logo

Ask a Doctor Online Now

HomeAnswersSexologypenile disordersI am a 23-year-old male, and I feel my penis has become small. Should I be concerned about it?

What should a 23-year-old male do in case of a small penis?

The following is an actual conversation between an iCliniq user and a doctor that has been reviewed and published as a Premium Q&A.

Answered by

Dr. K. V. Anand

Medically reviewed by

iCliniq medical review team

Published At June 3, 2023
Reviewed AtJanuary 17, 2024

Patient's Query

Hello doctor,

I am a 23-year-old male. My weight is 163 lbs and my height is 5.9 feet. For the last two months, I feel like my private parts have become small and smooth. It used to be 5 inches but now it measures only about 3.5 inches. No medicines have helped and I have not taken any tests. Is this a problem and what should I do about this?

Thank you.

Answered by Dr. K. V. Anand


Welcome to icliniq.com.

I can understand your concern.

First I would like to clarify that the size, thickness, and hardness of the penis never matter in sexual intercourse. Love and passion are the things that matter and determine sexual pleasure. Usually, in flaccid conditions, the size will be less than 2 inches. The average size of an erect penis is 4 inches. But even a 2-inch erect penis can satisfy a woman because the pleasurable nerve endings are available only up to 2 inches from the opening of the vagina. Therefore, please do not worry. The following suggestions will help

  1. Massaging your penis with olive oil can improve its size.
  2. Do kegel pelvic strengthening exercises.
  3. Farbah oil (Jund Bedstar, Kharateen Musaffa, Aqarqarha, ana Roghan Zaitoon), an unani medicine can be used externally.
  4. Muira Puama and Catuaba are good homeopathic remedies.
  5. Jelquing or penis stretching exercises can improve the hardness and size of the penis.
  6. Bananas improve blood flow and are recommended for penis enlargement and increased sexual stamina.
  7. Online sex education and counseling will also be of help.
  8. Take care.

Same symptoms don't mean you have the same problem. Consult a doctor now!

Dr. K. V. Anand
Dr. K. V. Anand


Community Banner Mobile
By subscribing, I agree to iCliniq's Terms & Privacy Policy.

Ask your health query to a doctor online


*guaranteed answer within 4 hours

Disclaimer: No content published on this website is intended to be a substitute for professional medical diagnosis, advice or treatment by a trained physician. Seek advice from your physician or other qualified healthcare providers with questions you may have regarding your symptoms and medical condition for a complete medical diagnosis. Do not delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice because of something you have read on this website. Read our Editorial Process to know how we create content for health articles and queries.

This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. iCliniq privacy policy